Community & Grassroots Coordinator
Community & Grassroots Coordinator
Reports To: Community & Grassroots Manager
Works with: Admin & Members Services Coordinator, Events and Operations Coordinator
Founded in 1882, Cycling Canada is one of Canada’s oldest National Sport Organizations with a rich heritage. From the days of Torchy Peden and Nora Young to modern day champions such as Alison Sydor, Steve Bauer and Gary Longhi, one thing is certain – Canadians achieve great things when they are on their bike.
The tagline, COME ALONG FOR THERIDE, is an invitation to all cycling enthusiasts to join us in our journey to inspire Canadians to cycle. Our brand represents our passion for cycling and community, our dedication to the holistic development of the sport through inspiration and collaboration, and is inclusive of all cycling disciplines, from traditional sports like road and track to more recent additions like BMX Freestyle.
As an organization, our purpose is simple: inspire Canadians to cycle. Our mandate is to holistically develop our sport, putting more Canadians on bikes from coast-to-coast and more Canadians on podiums around the world. To that end, Cycling Canada has a bold strategic plan to transform our sport in Canada over the next ten years. We will engage,
unite and support our partners to collectively develop our community through high quality programs, events and services that are aligned from coast-to-coast. Moving forward Cycling Canada will focus and deliver on 4 strategic priorities in pursuit of its purpose:
(1) We will create a community of cyclists with deep connection, affinity and pride in the sport of cycling.
(2) We will teach children across Canada at the grassroots level the joy of cycling skillfully.
(3) We will produce and facilitate events that get Canadians genuinely excited about and engaged in the sport of cycling.
(4) We will develop and deliver a sustainable performance program continuously delivering gracious champions to the world stage and lifelong ambassadors to the community.
General Description: Community and Grassroots Coordinator
The Community & Grassroots Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Community & Grassroots Manager, supporting the administration and the logistics of national programs and activities such as HopOn, CAN-BIKE, NCCP Coaching Education and Trade Team affiliations.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Community & Grassroots Coordinator reports directly to the Community & Grassroots Manager. The Community & Grassroots Coordinator also collaborates with the Chief Development Officer supporting the execution of Cycling Canada’s operational plan.
The Community & Grassroots Coordinator will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada’s Domestic Department with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Assist with the planning and coordination of HopOn activities
2. Assist with the planning and coordination of coaching courses, workshops and seminars
3. Support provincial partners with the implementation of HopOn and other community initiatives
4. Assist with social media and communications updates for the Domestic Department such as HopOn Grassroots program and CAN-BIKE
5. Maintain and update content on the HopOn, CAN-BIKE and Cycling Canada websites
6. Serve as Cycling Canada’s direct liaison for UCI and Cycling Canada Trade Teams
7. Support on-site event delivery by means of occasional presence at national calendar events
· University or college degree in Sport Administration/Management, Recreation Management, or equivalent experience
· Proven experience in Sport Administration/Management, Recreation Management with 2 years relevant working experience
· Bilingual in both English and French languages an asset
· Experience working in Cycling or wider Sport Industry an asset
On an occasional basis, the Community & Grassroots Coordinator will be required to travel to meetings, events or program activities within
Canada. The association has a compensatory time off policy to cover such travel necessity.
On an annual basis the Community & Grassroots Coordinator will be expected to accomplish specific end results, the satisfactory fulfillment of
job responsibilities and attainment of required level of ability in key competency areas. These three (3) components will form the basis of an annual performance review conducted by the Community & Grassroots Manager, supported by the Director of Marketing & Community Engagement.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by June 20th to email@example.com
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.