Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications and/or Coordinator, Communications and Digital Content, the successful candidate’s primary mandate is to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Communications Department. Some travel may be required.
Specific Skills Required and Responsibilities
- Strong writing, editing and research skills (background in media writing – press releases, biographies, media kits, etc.).
- Experience managing social media channels, blogs and website content.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator an asset.
- Create and maintain website news content – daily stories (research and writing) and photo gallery (includes player biographies, rosters, competition schedules, etc.).
- Assist in creation of content for Canada Basketball’s social media channels.
- Assist with media relations at National Team competitions and Canada Basketball events.
- Archiving of National Team international competition content (stats, photos, stories).
- Maintain media contact database.
- Track media coverage with monthly reports.
- Manage digital analytics and provide monthly reports on web and social media metrics measuring against objectives including insights, commentary, and recommendations for ongoing strategy.
- Manage translation of communications materials.
- Bilingualism in French is considered a strong asset.
Understanding of basketball is required, while a strong knowledge of domestic and international leagues is considered a strong asset.