Job Description Communications Coordinator (CC)
Status: Full Time, Permanent Position
Reports To: Marketing & Communications Manager (MCM)
Works with: Chief Development Officer (CDO), Chief Sport Officer (CSO), Director of Marketing & Events, HP Program Directors, Managers & Coordinators, Domestic Directors, Managers & Coordinators, National Team Coaches & IST staff, Finance & Admin Staff
Location: This position will be based at either of Cycling Canada’s permanent office locations in Ottawa or the Greater Toronto Area, although remote applicants may be considered based on experience & qualifications.
Founded in 1882, Cycling Canada is one of Canada’s oldest National Sport Organizations with a rich heritage. From the days of Torchy Peden and Nora Young to modern day champions such as Alison Sydor, Steve Bauer and Gary Longhi, one thing is certain – Canadians achieve great things when they are on their bike.
As an organization, our purpose is simple: inspire Canadians to cycle. Our mandate is to holistically develop our sport, putting more Canadians on bikes from coast-to- coast and more Canadians on podiums around the world. To that end, Cycling Canada has a bold strategic plan to transform our sport in Canada over the next ten years. We will engage, unite and support our partners to collectively develop our community through high quality programs, events and services that are aligned from coast-to-coast. Moving forward Cycling Canada will focus and deliver on 4 strategic priorities in pursuit of its purpose:
1. Create a community of cyclists with deep connection, affinity, and pride in the sport of cycling.
2. Teach children across Canada at the grassroots level the joy of cycling skillfully.
3. Produce and facilitate events that get Canadians genuinely excited about and engaged in the sport of cycling.
4. Develop and deliver a sustainable performance program continuously delivering gracious champions to the world stage and lifelong ambassadors to the community.
The Communications Coordinator will help execute plans and activities in the areas of marketing and communications that drive the Cycling Canada brand and elevate the profile of Canada’s athletes, programs and events across the country. This role will be essential to supporting the organization’s strategic direction particularly as it pertains to driving growth in resources, profile and organizational excellence.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create compelling web content, including social media posts, blog posts, videos, press releases & newsletters
• Oversee CC’s social media strategy and delivery
• Oversee translation of all social media, and support in translation of all other digital communications
• Conduct regular digital, media & PR analytics
• Coordinate and support internal and external communications
• Assist with developing creative work for CC programs and events
• Support media operations
• Oversee and manage CC’s website
• Manage media & athlete relations on the ground at various events
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant training
• Bilingual (oral and written)
• 2-4 years’ experience working in the marketing or communications field
• Expertise in digital marketing, as well as a strong proficiency with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Google Ad Manager and WordPress
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) and Canva
• Effective organization and prioritization, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
• Strong knowledge of and passion for the sport of cycling considered an asset
•Able to work non-traditional hours and travel for work
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line prior to January 30, 2022 at 5pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.