Communications and Programs Officer
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Communications & Programs Officer who will be responsible for day-to-day
communications activities under the direction of Badminton Canada’s Executive Director as well as
specific programs and event management activities.
This position will focus on bringing alignment to key areas within Badminton Canada which includes:
1. Organizational marketing, traditional and social media activities including content development
2. The development, coordination, and execution of a communications strategy
3. Website management
4. Key BCan initiatives and programs, includinga. Safety in Sport Initiatives
b. Indigenous Sport Programs
c. Para-Badminton Programs
d. Gender Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
5. Domestic and International event management support
6. Other responsibilities as assigned
Working in a team environment, this position will be part of a small and highly motivated team of
professional staff and committed volunteers.
The successful candidate will be expected to execute
all responsibilities in a manner which is consistent with the Vision, Mission, and Values of Badminton
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Post-secondary degree in a discipline of marketing/communications, sport management,
coaching, physical education or related field of study.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a sport leadership role achieving measurable outcomes.
• Experience working with athletes, coaches, technical officials, event organizers and sponsors.
• Highly effective planning and organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and professionally during periods of high stress and in a
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Event management experience considered an asset
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office software including Word, PPT and Excel
• Social media expertise and/or web design/creation experience are considered an asset
• Understanding of photo & video editing software such as; In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop,
Canva, MailChimp, Word Press and some basic HTML an asset
• Fluent in English and French (spoken & written) considered an asset
• This is preferably an Ottawa based role, however a decision around office location and number
of days in the office per week will be determined with the successful candidate.
• Rates will be based on qualifications and experience.
• Some travel will be required for this position. Must be flexible about hours/weekend work.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted
and invited to an interview. Start date will be confirmed with the candidate. Successful candidate will ideally start June 5, 2023 (if not earlier). Applications will be considered as they are submitted and interviews may be held while the
window for applications is still open. We reserve the right to close the applications early, so we
encourage individuals to apply early for this role.
Candidates can email cover letter and CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2023. Please include your remuneration expectations with your application.
Please indicate “Communications and Programs Officer” in both the subject line of your email
and your cover letter.