|REPORTING TO||Director, Education Partnerships|
|START DATE||April 15, 2020|
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC
empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
The CAC is looking for a dynamic new employee to join the team. The Coaching Consultant works within a expert team of consultants with the Education Partnerships department to collaborate with, and ensure our Canadian sport partners effectively develop and deliver the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
The CAC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family
status or disability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director, Education Partnerships, the Consultant
- Provide consultation to National Sport Organizations (NSO) to: provide input into curriculum materials, enhance coach developer practices, share relevant CAC materials, improve sports’ knowledge about CAC products and services, manage the financial aspects of support to sport funds
- Collaborate with other members of the team to contribute to the development of both sport specific and multi-sport learning contexts in alignment with NCCP principles
- Manage projects on behalf of the Education Partnerships team, ensuring adherence to deadlines and deliverables, project plans, and engagement of the organization’s capabilities
- Provide organizational and project management of other program files which could include:
- Acting as a liaison with other external organizations that align with the CAC’s mandate and strategic plan, primarily in support of lifelong learning for coaches
- Supporting or lead development (writing, consultation, research) of curriculum and content for NCCP multisport modules or other NCCP products
- Working with CAC partners in supporting paracoaching / coaching athletes with a disability
- Undergraduate degree in sports science, sport management, education,
- Excellent English and French (preferred) communication skills, both spoken and written;
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, plus the use of e-learning development packages;
- Strong facilitation skills, with the interest and aptitude to progress along the Coach Developer Pathway (asset if an existing Coach Developer)
- Minimum 5 years in NCCP sport administration at NSO, PTCR or P/TSO level
- Coaching experience would be a definite asset
- Experience in curriculum development and coaching athletes with a disability would be considered assets
- The ideal candidate clearly demonstrates our Aspirational values to:
- Seek to Understand
- Cultivate Inclusion
- Be Curious
- Act with Courage
- Lead and Serve with Gratitude
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by March 29, 2020 to email@example.com. All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.