Board of Directors – Call For Nomination
The 2022 nomination process is underway. Energetic, passionate, and enthusiastic candidates are being sought for the Bowls Canada Board of Directors elections in September 2022 to help grow the sport of lawn bowling across Canada. 2022 to 2023 will be exciting years for the organization as we relaunch the sport out of a global pandemic and continue our new role of stewarding Parabowls development in Canada.
Bowls Canada is seeking a diverse group of individuals to serve; a group that can bring a variety of thoughts, knowledge and experiences is critical to the success of the organization. Specific experience is sought in the areas of fundraising, marketing, and human resources. BCB is committed to a gender equitable board composition.
To be eligible for election as a Director, an individual must:
- a) Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- b) Have the power under law to contract
- c) Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country;
- d) Not have the status of bankrupt
e) have satisfied the requirements of Bowls Canada’s screening policy including the submission of my screening application and results of a current Enhanced Police Information Check.
- F) Meetone or more of the skills and characteristics defined in the Board Nomination Package.
Director Responsibilities and Characteristic
The BCB Board of Directors has the responsibility for setting directions, establishing policy, and overseeing the activities of the organization. Directors are expected to possess the
- Independence and sound judgment – they have the courage to ask tough questions and voice their opinions.
• Integrity – demonstrate personal integrity, are trustworthy, and insist the organization behave ethically.
• Long-term vision, strategic outlook.
• Organizational Governance knowledge and experience.
• Basic knowledge of business issues and financial matters.
• Demonstrated ability to operate effectively as part of a diverse team.
• Continuous growth mindset – including being open to new ideas,
are strategically agile and responsive to change.
• Conflict resolution – they are oriented to resolve conflict, are resilient after it occurs, and support board decisions once made.
• Commitment to a risk management based Policy Governance model.
• Willingness to understand and exercise her or his fiduciary responsibilities.
Available Positions and Terms
- Three three-year terms
- Two two-year terms
- Two one-year terms
The workload requires an average of 10 virtual (webinars) 3-hour board meetings per year plus an initial orientation process. There may be additional committee work required. It is anticipated that a board position would require 8-10 hours/month of your time.
Please see the 2022 BCB Director Nomination Package for details on the application process. The deadline to submit an application is September 4, 2022 11:59 pm EDT. Applications
to be submitted by email to: BCB Nominations Committee, c/o Office@bowlscanada.com .
Candidates wishing more information regarding the role and responsibilities of Bowls Canada Directors are invited to contact Anna Mees (email@example.com)
About Bowls Canada Boulingrin (www.bowlscanada.com)
Bowls Canada is the national recognized governing body for the sport of bowls. Our mission is to advance the sport of lawn bowls in Canada, and it is our vision to bring Canadians together through bowls. As a Registered Charitable Amateur Athletic Association, we are governed by a
volunteer Board of Directors. With almost 14,000 registered participants across the nation, this sport attracts participants of all ages and abilities. Bowls Canada is committed to maintaining an
environment that fosters personal and professional growth for all volunteers and employees. Our ACTION organizational values are at the core of everything we do.