Athletics Supervisor, Events and Engagement
About Olds College
At Olds College we value our people and are committed to providing a supportive and rewarding work environment. Olds College provides a quality education in an environment that is designed to promote academic excellence and student success. There are many reasons to join Olds College and build a meaningful career in a community that is innovative, diverse and welcoming.
The Opportunity – Athletics Department
Our Athletics Department has established a tradition of student-athlete success in the ACAC and CCAA conferences. Because of this, we are confident that Olds College student-athletes develop life skills of teamwork, commitment, discipline and time management that are valued throughout their careers. The Supervisor, Events and Engagement is responsible to provide leadership and work directly with the Manager, Athletics to implement the overall vision and strategic direction for the Olds College Broncos Athletics Department. This includes planning and execution of Broncos game day, special events, community engagement and overseeing marketing and fundraising initiatives. The Supervisor will work closely with relevant Olds College departments and key external partners and user groups.
Key Job Functions
- Oversee operations, budgets and marketing of all Broncos events including but not limited to, Broncos Game Day, Broncos Scholarship Breakfast, Olds College Golf Classic, Broncos Awards night and Athlete Success Orientation
- Develop and implement a creative sport marketing plan in consultation with Corporate Communications to grow and enhance the Broncos Brand
- Develop and implement a robust Campus and Community engagement program for Broncos student-athletes and staff to participate in (Liaison with Sports Management Program)
- Develop and assist in implementation of a Broncos Athletics Sponsorship Package seeking short term and long term sponsors/donors
- Work with Olds College Communications Coordinator to develop an athletics alumni engagement strategy in coordination with Head Coaches of each sport team
- Supervise and provide mentorship to Sports Information Officer, and DFS Students and Game Day Ambassadors as it relates to performance, budget, goal setting and the overall student-athlete experience
- Meet all ACAC deadlines in regards to post-game recaps
- Serve on internal and external committees as assigned (e.g. Health and Wellness Committee, ACAC committees, or ACAC Sub Committees).
- Act as department lead on ACAC/CCAA Championship bid creation in consultation with corporate communications
- Coordinate the hiring of all Broncos Athletics events staff, student ambassadors and volunteers
- The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Sport and Recreation Management in combination with two or more years experience in collegiate sport or event management. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrates skills with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will have in depth knowledge of fundraising, community engagement and customer service, with a desire to mentor and lead a team of student-staff.
- They will communicate effectively demonstrating energy, creativity, enthusiasm, and confidence and display honesty and integrity in all decision-making and actions. Ability to problem solve, nurture positive relationships and work collaboratively with staff, partners and customers is essential to success in this role.
Conditions of Employment
- Current Criminal Reference check that is free of any offenses
- Respect and actively promote health and safety policies