Assistant Coach High Performance Centre – Québec
SWIMMING / NATATION CANADA JOB POSTING
Position: Assistant Coach High Performance Centre – Québec (CHP-QUÉ)
Reports to: Head Coach, CHP-Qué
Location : Institut National du Sport du Québec, Montréal, Québec
Job Type: Full-time
ABOUT SWIMMING CANADA
Swimming Canada serves as the national governing body of competitive swimming. We inspire Canadians through world leading performances to embrace a lifestyle of swimming, sport, fitness and health. Canadians are global leaders in high performance swimming and development for both able-bodied swimmers and swimmers with a disability.
Swimming is recognized as one of the most celebrated and successful Canadian Summer Olympic and Paralympic sports.
Swimming Canada strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, developing and celebrating a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a key member of Swimming Canada’s High-Performance staff, the successful candidate will, in collaboration with the CHP-Qué Head Coach, contribute to the achievement of the performance goals and culture of the program; the program’s annual plan, athlete gap analyses and athlete review meetings and the establishment of program selection guidelines. Within the scope of the responsibilities there will be interactions with internal staff, athletes (parents/guardians), coaches, sport partners and external service providers.
- Provide support to the CHP-Qué Head Coach in the preparation and delivery of the practices of the members of the CHP-Qué.
- Design and deliver a strategy to establish and recruit a Next Gen program underpinning the CHP-Qué senior program.
- Attend and actively participate in all CHP-Qué meetings and activities as identified by the CHP-Qué Head Coach.
- Undertake any Senior Team or Next Gen Program related follow-ups as requested and agreed with the CHPQué Head Coach.
- Provide contemporary high-performance coaching to members of the CHP-Qué Next Gen program.
- Ensure the preparation and timely submission of all Program Reporting.
- As requested, provide timely updates and reports on all coaching activities to the CHP-Qué Head Coach.
- Other related duties as assigned and agreed between the CHP-Qué Head Coach and Senior Team Coach & National Performance Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
- An understanding of Classification as it relates to Paralympic Sport.
- Understanding of the Canadian and international disability and Para Sport environment
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering age appropriate swimming programs to support high performance outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver formal presentations.
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong planning and reporting skills and the ability to identify and achieve objectives.
- Proven decision-making skills, exceptional organization and planning skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of physical, visual and intellectual impairment and its relation to athletic function and highperformance sport.
- Experience in working with volunteer boards and committees.
- Experience in Para Swimming is desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Certified Age Group Coach (Level 2) with a willingness to undertake the Senior Coach (level 3).
- Maintenance of membership of the Canadian Swimming Coaches Association (CSCA) and Coaching Association of Canada (CAC).
- Valid background and vulnerable sector check.
- Valid NLS and Standard First Aid.
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel domestically and overseas.
- Valid Driver’s license is an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to cooperate and work well with others in multi-faceted environment to pursue team goals, share information, support others, show consideration and respect for other views.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling, accurate and concise advice to support decision making for colleagues.
- A highly developed verbal and written communicator, with the ability to communicate accurately and effectively in a variety of means to a range of audiences including athletes, coaches, Swimming Canada staff and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment, integrity, drive and initiative, with the ability to work independently and interdependently as a productive team player.
This is a permanent full-time Montreal-based position with available benefits package as outlined in the Swimming
Canada Employee Handbook. Must be available for selection to all National and CHP- Qué Team, Squad and Camp activities. The position requires irregular working hours.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However not all candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview. Start date will be confirmed with the successful candidate.
Candidates can email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 7, 2023. Candidates must be legally eligible to workin Canada. Swimming Canada is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation for a disability as part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com
Please indicate “Assistant Coach High Performance Centre – Québec” in both the subject line of your e-mail and your covering letter.