Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Business Solutions, the Application Developer is responsible for evaluating, designing, developing, coding and testing applications integrated with the Canadian Olympic Committees (COC) internal data and systems. This individual uses industry standard tools, programming languages and processes to deliver solutions to support the business.
This is a permanent position.
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
· Design, develop, implement solutions in collaboration with stakeholders to meet business requirements;
- Lead and/or contribute to the technical side of web application development projects, manage internal/external customer relationships with the business and create solutions to meet business requirements;
- Refactor and patch code as required;
- Lead and develop ad-hoc web-services for data collection and distribution;
- Lead the data integration packages in SSIS;
- Develop end user reports as required;
- Maintain clear communications with all stakeholders throughout project lifecycles;
- Prepare and finalize code documentation according to standards;
- Assist in managing outside vendors;
- Maintain current knowledge of technology and database application systems;
- Lead on the development and implementation of any training of the staff on End User’s functions; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Business Solutions.
· QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience;
- 5 years of IT development experience;
- Experience developing PWA using modern
framework (Angular, Ionic, React, Vue.js, Blazor);
- Experience with a range of computer and networking software, computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques;
Skills and Abilities
- Fully bilingual in French and English. Other languages an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and related architecture;
- Knowledge of CRM/XRM concepts;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft enterprise software stack / architecture / subsystems such as IIS,
.NET Core, Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows Server;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, XML and API(RESTful, OData, GraphQL);
- Familiar with SQL Server Data Tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSMS);
- Exceptional customer service attitude; results driven with a passion for continuous improvement;
- Sound technical, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage and monitor multiple projects to successful completion and adapt to shifting
priorities in a high-pressure environment; and Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
- Implementing CI/CD;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Graph API; and
- Knowledge of Xamarin or mobile framework.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 2, 2021 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.