Taekwondo Canada, a member of World Taekwondo and the national governing body for the sport of taekwondo in Canada, is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the organization’s administrative program that places Canadian Taekwondo athletes in positions to achieve sustained international success at international events including major games such as Olympics and Paralympics.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Administration Coordinator is responsible for the communications and administrative/logistical support to the organization, as well as managing the membership database.
- Coordinate overall administrative activities, office operations and procedures
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments for Board and Staff
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- Maintaining the virtual office and Google based filing system by developing and maintaining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Assisting with reports, presentations, composing correspondence and drafting documents for review by ED and others
- Answering incoming calls and general inquiries from members and the public
- Provide support and guidance to members (P/TSOs) of the organization and the general public
- Maintain membership database
- Perform administrative duties related to Taekwondo Canada programs and services
- Post-secondary education in sport/recreation management, business management or another applicable related field with emphasis in finance
- Strong communication skills (written/oral) in both English and French is required
- Ability to operate under a flexible schedule, willingness to work some weekends in exchange for time off during the regular work week
- Knowledge/experience in the Canadian Sport system is considered an asset
- Proficient in all Google suite and Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple departments
- Superior organizational skills in planning and completing projects within set deadlines; high attention to detail and accuracy
- As outlined in Taekwondo Canada’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, the candidate acknowledges and agrees that due to health and safety considerations, unless the candidate cannot be vaccinated for reasons protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code (in which case Taekwondo Canada will make reasonable accommodation efforts), the candidate is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Full time employee (40 hrs/week)
- Location: Primarily remote with some required days in the office (Ottawa)
- Expected start date: Immediate
Applicants must send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those being considered will be contacted.