Admin & Member Service Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION Admin & Member Service Coordinator
Reports To: Community & Grassroots Manager
Works with: Events & Officials Coordinator, Community & Grassroots Coordinator
Founded in 1882, Cycling Canada is one of Canada’s oldest National Sport Organizations with a rich heritage. From the days of Torchy Peden and Nora Young to modern day champions such as Alison Sydor, Steve Bauer and Gary Longhi, one thing is certain – Canadians achieve great things when they are on their bike.
The tagline, COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE, is an invitation to all cycling enthusiasts to join us in our journey to inspire Canadians to cycle. Our brand represents our passion for cycling and community, our dedication to the holistic development of the sport through inspiration and collaboration, and is inclusive of all cycling disciplines, from traditional sports like road and track to more recent additions like BMX Freestyle.
As an organization, our purpose is simple: inspire Canadians to cycle. Our mandate is to holistically develop our sport, putting more Canadians on bikes from coast-to-coast and more Canadians on podiums around the world. To that end, Cycling Canada has a bold strategic plan to transform our sport in Canada over the next ten years. We will engage, unite and support our partners to collectively develop our community through high quality programs, events and services that are aligned from coast-to-coast. Moving forward Cycling Canada will focus and deliver on 4 strategic priorities in pursuit of its purpose:
(1) We will create a community of cyclists with deep connection, affinity and pride in the sport of cycling.
(2) We will teach children across Canada at the grassroots level the joy of cycling skillfully.
(3) We will produce and facilitate events that get Canadians genuinely excited about and engaged in the sport of cycling.
(4) We will develop and deliver a sustainable performance program continuously delivering gracious champions to the world stage and lifelong ambassadors to the community.
General Description: Admin & Member Services Coordinator
The Admin & Member Service Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Community & Grassroots Manager supporting the coordination and administration of member services as it relates to domestic activities. The Admin & Member Service Coordinator will handle clerical and administrative duties and serve as a point of contact for employees and members. Key areas of support will be in the administration of Learning Management software, licensing & membership database management, official language compliance and general website maintenance. The successful candidate must be bilingual; fluent in both French and English.
This position is based at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Admin & Member Services Coordinator reports directly to the Community & Grassroots Manager and collaborates with the Events and Officials Coordinator supporting the delivery of centralized services according to Cycling Canada’s operational plan. The Admin & Member Services Coordinator also collaborates with the Chief Development Officer supporting the execution of Cycling Canada’s operational plan.
The Admin & Member Services Coordinator will support the operational objectives of Cycling Canada’s Domestic Department with responsibilities in several key areas:
1. Serve as Cycling Canada’s direct liaison for licensing and membership inquiries from Cycling Canada’s
2. Serve as Cycling Canada’s direct liaison for member inquiries with regards to our Learning Management
3. Maintain and support the development of our Membership Database and Learning Management system
4. Assist domestic staff with occasional translation work and official language compliance within the
5. Support on-site event delivery by means of occasional presence at national calendar events
6. Assist with the planning and delivery of webinars and workshops
7. Assist with the preparation, logistics and draft minutes for various domestic meetings
8. Maintain and update content on Cycling Canada website and support maintenance as it relates to community
programs & activities
· University or college degree in Office Administration, Sport Administration/Management, Business/Commerce, or equivalent experience
· Proven experience in Office Administration with minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
· Fluently bilingual in both English and French languages
· Experience working in Cycling or wider Sport Industry an asset
On an occasional basis, the Admin & Member Services Coordinator will be required to travel to meetings, events or program activities within Canada. The association has a compensatory time off policy to cover such travel necessity.
On an annual basis the Admin & Member Services Coordinator will be expected to accomplish specific end results, the satisfactory fulfillment of job responsibilities and attainment of required level of ability in key competency areas. These three (3) components will form the basis of an annual performance review conducted by the Community & Grassroots Manager, supported by the Director of Marketing & Community Engagement.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your resume and cover letter electronically by June 20th to email@example.com
Cycling Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.