2021 Women’s Volleyball National Championship – U SPORTS
We are pleased to invite you to submit a bid proposal for the U SPORTS 2019-2020 and/or 2020-2021
U SPORTS Women’s Volleyball Championship. Attached you will find a bid book outlining all the requirements to bid on a U SPORTS National Championship. Please note that the bid book is also available online (usports.ca), and our staff will always be ready to answer any questions you may have.
U SPORTS is the national brand for university sport in Canada. Every year, over 15,000 student-athletes
and 500 coaches from 56 universities vie for 21 National Championships in 12 different sports. U SPORTS also provides high performance international opportunities for Canadian student-athletes at FISU Winter and Summer Universiades as well as numerous World University Championships.
The U SPORTS Women’s Volleyball Championship is one of U SPORTS’ most prestigious sporting events
showcasing the very best talent in Canada. U SPORTS prides itself on working with Local Organizing
Committees (Hosts) and engaging the community to ensure all national championships have a positive
impact on the development of student-athletes, coaches, officials’ as well as raising the national profile of
Canadian university sport, the U SPORTS brand, and enriching the student-athlete experience.
Our vision is to grow the U SPORTS brand and the value of university sport in Canada, and continue telling the stories of the student-athletes representing our 56 institutions.
U SPORTS’ objectives for hosting National Championships are the following:
• To ensure a positive, enriching student-athlete experience
• To promote university sport, student-athlete stories and grow a fan base
• To provide a highly competitive event that is student-athlete focused
• To generate revenues for Hosts and U SPORTS
• To engage local communities and government
• To provide legacy opportunities in the community and for the Institutions
• To build stakeholder relations within the university, in the community, with local tourism and city
Thank you again for your commitment to growing University Sport in Canada and once again, should you require any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
- Friday, March 19th to Sunday, March 21st, 2021
Bid Procedure and Timelines
- Call for Bids: May 30th, 2018
- Confirmation of intent to bid via email: June 29th, 2018
- Deadline for submission of questions: September 7th, 2018
- Bid Submission Date: September 14th, 2018
- Selection of Winners and Notification: Determined by U SPORTS Office
Link to Bid Book and Minimum Standards
U SPORTS – Manager, Sport Technical and National Championships