Assistant, Marketing and Promotions - University of Toronto Varsity Blues
Post date: Nov. 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Nov. 15, 2019
Position Start Date: Jan. 6, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Events and Marketing and under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Outreach, Promotions & Community Partnerships, the incumbent would provide a wide-range of sport marketing, fan engagement, community outreach support. Including, but not limited to; planning in-game promotional activities and overseeing the preparation and implementation of game-day promotional inventory and activities, assisting with the training and managing of student staff, maintaining customer relations management data, managing branding kits and marketing displays on and off campus. The incumbent may at times work with university student unions, clubs and organizations to increase campus outreach, coordinating and executing grassroots initiatives.
Working in a fast-paced, energetic team environment, the incumbent will be detailed oriented and deliver accurate, effective and efficient customer service while projecting a welcoming, positive and professional image for the Varsity Blues program and the University of Toronto.
• Working with student-led event teams to provide an engaging and entertaining in-game experience.
• Coordinating on-campus and off-campus promotional activities with our outreach and promotions team, student-athletes and spirit groups.
• Promoting our home events across U of T’s three campuses and look at new ways to engage the student body.
• Look into engaging and fostering partnerships with the various grassroots partners in a variety of high-calibre intercollegiate sports.
• Update promotional content for online event listings and digital screens.
• Event Management.
• Experience in design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is preferred.
• Other duties as assigned
Education: College diploma in sport marketing, sport administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: One-year relevant experience, preferably in a university setting. Experience in an athletic department or in promotions and marketing, as well as graphics experience is also an asset.
1. Ability to deliver high quality work in an environment of overlapping and time-sensitive tasks. Attention to detail is required.
2. Ability to successfully function in a position driven by competing demands and frequent interruptions.
3. Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
4. Ability to be organized under pressure and deliver a quality product.
5. Ability to exercise initiative, discretion and good judgment.
6. Demonstrated excellence in oral/written communication.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Please apply to:
Mary Beth Challoner
Manager, Events, Marketing and Athletic Communications
University of Toronto