Digital Media Assistant - BC Hockey
Post date: Nov. 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Nov. 12, 2019
Staff Position – Digital Media Assistant
- Post-secondary training in Communications and Media or 3+ years’ experience in video editing
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms (Websites, Social Media)
- Proven track record of consistently delivering high quality video content
- Ability to meet project deadlines and work independently
- Proficient with Adobe/editing programs
- Experience in website management
- A high level of initiative and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess an eager approach to developing creative ideas that engage participants
EXTENT OF SUPERVISION
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer through the Vice President, Communications & Events
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Digital Media Assistant is responsible for providing digital media and video services to BC Hockey programming. This individual will be integral in developing the digital presence of BC Hockey and providing online exposure for our athletes, teams and membership.
- Duties within the role include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of individual game and team highlight packages
- Responsible for video editing and production under tight deadlines
- Assist in live productions of major BC Hockey events
- Provide analytical reporting on video content and website usage
- Implement processes and tools to BC Hockey to be used in publishing and distribution of content
- Act as a resource for BC Hockey programs to improve video production, content creation, digital strategies
- Create unique and innovative content including graphics, news stories, video features, and various other content specific to BC Hockey.
- Due to varying requirements of this role, weekends and evenings availability may be required.
Resumes will be accepted prior to Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 9:00AM. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please email applications cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.