Assistant Tournament Director, CP Women’s Open - Golf Canada
Post date: Nov. 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Nov. 21, 2019
Position Start Date: Jan. 6, 2020
Title: Assistant Tournament Director, CP Women’s Open
Reports to: Tournament Director, CP Women’s Open
Location: Golf Canada Head Office
Status: Full Time Permanent
Ideal Start Date: January 6, 2020
This position supports the Tournament Director, CP Women’s Open with the successful execution of the CP Women’s Open.
- Assist the Tournament Director, CPWO with budget planning and management of all tournament expenses;
- Work with the Tournament Director, CPWO, Operations Manager, Sales/Partnership and Marketing group to initiate process for supplier agreements;
- Negotiate agreements with potential suppliers and develop contracts as necessary;
- Key liaison for all tournament committees (chairs). Duties include directing, follow-up, organizing meetings, preparation of materials and correspondence, and implementation of the overall volunteer team;
- Manage the volunteer programs for the CP Women’s Open including volunteer uniforms, volunteer package, correspondence, planning and programming;
- Working with the Tournament Director, CPWO & Operations Manager to manage the Corporate Hospitality product mix spreadsheet which includes securing accurate costs, calculating margins and the pro-active sourcing of product enhancements and associated expenses;
- Manage special events and tournament functions (i.e. Junior Clinics, Other, Pro-Am’s & supporting other Golf Canada departmental initiatives);
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure both “build” and “tear down” of CPWO remains on schedule;
- Assist operations team with tournament site plan including site map, roping plan, evacuation plan, traffic plan, security plan, signage plan, layout of spectator areas, operations areas etc.;
- Liaise with host city and provincial officials with regards to matters associated with the tournament;
- Manage F&B services with Host Club and tournament caterer, including contract, budgets, operational needs, pricing, partner products;
- Assist with overall ticket management (design, ticket grid, security charts, photo id).
- Working with Tournament Director, CPWO and or Operations Manager to hire and supervise seasonal staff;
- Travel to (current/future) tournament sites. Travel may include frequent trips for short periods of time during the period prior to the tournament and for extended periods at tournament time on both RBCCO and CPWO;
- Attend volunteer committee meetings and other tournament functions as required. These meetings are often at night and/or on weekends;
- Support RBCCO with initiatives as determined by RBCCO team, including advance and tournament week
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education in Sports Management or related discipline, or a combination of education and relevant work experience is required;
- Superior work ethic, strict attention to detail and deadlines, along with strong budget planning, tracking, and reporting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills;
- Ability to be tactful, diplomatic, and professional in challenging situations;
- Excellent team player who is able to collaborate with all departments;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Commercial experience with sales, partnerships, and marketing events is an asset;
- Golf knowledge is considered an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset.
Golf Canada - Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to five (5) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, November 21st, 2019. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada’s regular hours of work are 40 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day and 5 days a week including a one-hour lunch. However, the demands of your position may require your hours of work to vary to meet the objectives of your employment. Due to the nature of this position, there may also be some travel required and the need to work some weekends.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.