Operations and Community Internship - Hamilton Honey Badgers
Post date: Oct. 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2019
The Hamilton Honey Badgers are seeking a motivated, outgoing and dedicated candidate to become an integral part of our team. You will be vital in assisting the Honey Badgers Operations team in a variety of tasks such as: coordinating and facilitating community outreach programs and events, recruiting and managing the volunteer program as well as creating digital content and managing social media channels.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Community Engagement, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, gain valuable hands-on experience within a professional sports league and have autonomy in their everyday tasks.
• Creating and managing Honey Badgers social media channels, including written features and graphics
• Coordinating community engagement programs and events and providing on-site support
• Assisting in the creation and management of the Honey Badgers Street Team
• General administrative support for the Manager of Operations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in sport management, events or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Photography and video editing skills are an asset
• Graphic design experience is an asset
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality
• Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative
• Flexible work schedule – including nights and weekends
Type of Position: Internship (For Academic Credit)
Term: Remainder of Fall 2019 Semester and/or Winter 2020 Semester
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Maria Suriani, Manager Operations and Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Operations and Community Internship”
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.