Post date: Oct. 2, 2019
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2019
Position Purpose and Summary
The Athletics Facilities Operations Coordinator (Part Time) provides supervision and customer service at the front desk of the TWU fitness centre and provides assistance in maximizing the operational efficiency for the athletic facilities staff and students. This is a Part Time, term position and hours are flexible.
Key Areas of Accountability
1. Provide Supervision to the TWU fitness centre and ensure the safety of all patrons. Monitor the fitness centre entrance and provide customer service for the fitness centre and the building in general.
2. Assist the Fitness Centre Coordinator with administering fitness centre memberships and running ActiveNet and access control in the fitness centre.
3. Assist with regular inspections and minor maintenance on equipment in the fitness centre to ensure safety of all fitness centre users.
4. Assist in maximizing the operational efficiency of the athletic facilities operation.
5. Assist the Director of Athletic Facilities and Recreation with long term strategic planning and direction.
6. Assist the athletic facilities team by providing research, analysis and accountability in operations.
7. Assist the athletic facilities team with day-to-day operations as required, including managing staff through Humanity, our staff management program.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge in administrative, customer service and supervisory roles, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work easily with the public, staff, students and faculty.
• Ability to positively enforce facility policies, procedures and risk management requirements.
• Demonstrated computer skills specifically with word processing and registration/scheduling software.
• Ability to critically examine policies and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
• Demonstrated understanding of strategic planning, organizational behaviour and market research is beneficial.
Driven and inspired by the idea of positively impacting the various marketplaces of life through the development of godly Christian leaders by serving the Trinity Western University community.
Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Strength of character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging atmosphere.
Servant-Leader Way of Life: Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Key Internal Interactions
Reports (Indirect): Gym Student Supervisors, Student Trainers, and Student Front Desk Staff
Reports to: Athletics Facilities Manager
Standards & Requirements
Education: Undergraduate degree or diploma in the field of Human Kinetics, Business, Operations Management or related field. A certificate in personal training would be considered an asset.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a sports, operations or management role.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Updated: October 2019
Salary Classification: 4
Agreed to by: Director, Athletic Facilities and Recreation and ED, HR
Trinity Western University encourages applications from all eligible candidates who are able to commit to the university’s mission, values, and Christian identity as articulated in its Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. We are committed to an ethic of inclusion and to the equal treatment of all persons without discrimination in accordance with human rights law.
We particularly invite applications from indigenous people, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Trinity Western University is located on the traditional ancestral territory of the Sto:lo people.
Submit your application at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ae765d82-e092-432c-8e41-a761af7d7354&ccId=2462445576_9443&jobId=304846&lang=en_CA&source=CC4
Type of Position: Part time
Employment Type: Employee