Post date: Sep. 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Sep. 13, 2019
Position Start Date: Sep. 19, 2019
Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
Sport & Social Group provides sports leagues for adults. The organization has grown to over 130,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets. Currently, we operate in eight Canadian communities and three US cities.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Group Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating and refereeing Wednesday Co-ed Flag Football leagues
- We are seeking referees for the fall season from Wednesday, September 4th until Wednesday, October 30th
- Games will be played at Applewoord Heights SS (Bloor Street/Tomken Road)
- Expected game times will be at 8:00pm and 9:30pm every week in September, and 7:00 and 8:30pm in October with anticipated shift time ranging from 7:45-11:00pm in September and 6:45-10:00pm in October
- Conducting pre-game captain meetings to set game expectations, ensure rule clarity, check player eligibility and ensure games start on time.
- Enforcing rules during game play by giving warnings, penalties or ejections, as well as addressing members questions and concerns for rule infractions, sportsmanship, and safety.
- Maintaining standards of play and ensuring all players are conducting themselves appropriately during game play
- Signaling participants to make them aware of infractions to otherwise regulate play or competition
- Inspecting sporting equipment and/or examining participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations
- Keeping track of game times and start/stop play when necessary
- Verifying the score with both teams at the end of the game
- Strong knowledge of the game of flag football
- Confident personality and ability to take on a leadership role on site
- Ability to be pro-active and problem solve issues that could arise
- Previous experience as a flag football coach or referee is an asset
- Experience playing with the Sport & Social Group is an asset
- All of our flag football referees will earn $25/hour
- Our referees are also invited to participate in all of our tournaments at no charge. Please note that to be eligible to play in a tournament for free you must work a regular shift in the current season.
For more information on the Mississauga Sport & Social Club please visit https://mississauga.sportsocial.club
Type of Position: Part time
Employment Type: Employee
Salary Range: $25/hour