Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an expert in medical data, you will be responsible for the administration, management and exploration of medical data, including data platforms (e.g. Electronic Medical Records) driving internal data analysis, establishing relationships with external experts, and supporting research opportunities in the elite circus arts environment.
Reporting to the Director of Performance Medicine, you will be working in a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, and a drive to find and present insights to support team function and artist healthcare.
You will be known for:
- Your understanding of medical injuries and illness, data and data analyses;
- Your spontaneous drive to find answers and critically appraise information for quality control;
- A solution-oriented approach to problem solving and desire to help answer a team’s questions;
- Your IT skills and ability to provide informative summaries in the most appropriate format;
- Your experience of medical research and data platforms;
- Your attention to detail, your high level of organization and your ability to manage projects/priorities with competing deadlines.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- MSc degree in injury epidemiology or related discipline required;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience, preferably in data analysis, research and/or health sciences;
- Training in exercise science, kinesiology, or sports medicine is favourable but not required;
- Excellent English language skills in reading, writing and oral communication (French language skills an asset);
- Knowledge of injury mechanisms and classifications;
- Strong knowledge of statistical software (e.g., R / SPSS / Stata / S-Plus) for data management and advanced statistical analysis;
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of database software and the ability to support and train staff on these platforms.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Be a part of a revolutionary experience in reshaping Performance Medicine operations at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things, establishing data analysis in our every day work;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative Performance Medicine team working in a unique context;
- Work within our business casual environment, connecting science with our arts.