Post date: Aug. 8, 2019
Application Deadline: Aug. 16, 2019
Position Start Date: Sep. 3, 2019
Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
SSG provides recreational sports leagues and events for adults. The organization has grown to over 130,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Group Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
Your time will be split: (a) on-site at game venues and (b) in-office: helping with customer experience tasks and projects. Specifically:
- Retention of current members with exceptional customer service (via email, phone, live chat and in-person).
- Sales of leagues/programs to individuals and captains. Finding creative ways to fill empty space.
- Execution of leagues/events, ensuring all games run smoothly and efficiently.
- Assistance with equipment, part-time staff and end of season awards nights.
- Helping solve discipline issues that may arise during game play.
- Taking pictures and videos of game action for social media.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary college/university program requiring a placement to be completed to graduate
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience in a sales role; “asking for the sale” comes naturally to you.
- Positive, enthusiastic and an endless supply of energy.
- Hardworking attitude with a “go getter” personality. You are known for taking initiative.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Confidence in your ability to take control of a situation with a flair for being resourceful.
- Strengths in planning, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as carrying boxes and sports equipment.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
- This will not be a typical 9-5 placement.
- Wednesday-Friday hours will either be 9:00am-5:00pm or 1:00-9:00pm (your schedule will be provided to you on a monthly basis)
- You may be asked to work the odd Sunday and will be able to take a Friday off in lieu of the time worked on Sunday
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Internships will be unpaid
- Complimentary league play
- Access to a company vehicle for work tasks only
Application Deadline: Tuesday, August 13th at 10:00am
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Intern / co-op
Salary Range: Unpaid