Manager, Marketing and Partnerships - Ontario Soccer
Post date: Aug. 8, 2019
Application Deadline: Aug. 23, 2019
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, this role is for those with an inherent interest in strategically leveraging marketing and partnership development to maximize stakeholders’ experience and grow the brand profile of amateur sport organizations.
Are you constantly scrolling to see what brands, sports organizations or personalities are up to, to engage with their audience? Does crisp graphic design and creative execution get you excited? Do you love to get to know and work with corporate partners, to provide them best-in-class servicing?
As the Manager, Marketing & Partnerships, you will have the opportunity to develop marketing programs, collateral and creative assets under Ontario Soccer’s newly minted brand, assist in promoting top events and programs including the Ontario Cup, Ontario Soccer Summit, and the OPDL, and build relationships with our suite of partners to deliver value to them, day in and day out.
As a marketing/partnerships professional with three or more years of experience, you will have a strong background in brand-based marketing, partnership cultivation and servicing. Innovative creativity in your approach is important, both in how you approach opportunities and in how you capture ideas from a graphic design perspective.
Most importantly of all, we are looking for a true team player and collaborator, who can mobilize and inspire a team to execute strategic marketing programs to heighten brand awareness. The right candidate will come to the table with a robust skill set, relevant experience, creative energy, infectious enthusiasm and a constant appetite to learn and grow. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Key Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and guide the overall brand marketing strategy to grow awareness of Ontario Soccer, including, but not limited to major brand campaigns supporting its player, coaching, and match official initiatives;
- Liaise with Ontario Soccer staff team to ensure all public-facing communication and appearance is aligned with desired Ontario Soccer brand identity;
- Develop effective marketing strategies to deliver membership value, visibility and leadership of the organization and its programs and services;
- Oversee the development and implementation of printed and digital marketing collateral materials (including production, design, photos, editing and monitoring).
- Business Development
- Work with the Director, Business Operations to plan, source and execute efforts to manage partnership relationships and maximize revenue potential through partnerships, both in cash and VIK;
- Spearhead the servicing and fulfillment of key corporate and sport partnership deliverables, including managing the day-to-day relationships with partner accounts;
- Prepare annual reporting to corporate partners, by collecting results, for use in retaining and renewing partners;
- Manage all events related to partners with an emphasis on cross-promotional opportunities;
- Manage expense budgets with respect to the execution and fulfillment of corporate partnership agreements;
- Manage key vendor/supplier/partner accounts as point of contact for all Ontario Soccer staff, including ordering, quality control and financial tracking (including, but not limited to SoccerX, Nothers, IAC, and Gatorade);
- Service and maintain sport partnership relationships as a form of best practices-sourcing.
- Lead day-to-day monitoring of marketing and partnerships budgets including partner servicing and activation, and support Director, Business Operations in the development of annual Operation Plans and longer-term Department Strategic Plans.
- Research and Analytics
- Develop brand research requirements, manage the information-gathering and surveying activities, and present the results;
- Create, monitor and analyze stakeholder feedback to better understand how to improve our programming and communication strategies.
- Take an active role in contributing to a positive Ontario Soccer culture;
- Work with Soccer Operations and Digital Strategy and Communications teams to develop strategy around promotion of key tent pole events for the organization;
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all Districts, Clubs and Private Academies on marketing;
- Build relationships with key sport partners like the national governing body, provincial counterparts and government ministries to further support marketing and communication initiatives;
- Coordinate and cooperate with internal teams and external partners to help manage and advertise/communicate upcoming events and programs;
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Digital Strategy & Communications on all social media platforms for increased stakeholder and community engagement, including assisting in the development and management of websites. As well, deploy partner branded social and web content in coordination with partners;
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Competitions & Events on design and marketing of special events and programs (Ontario Soccer Summit, AGM, special competitions, etc.);
- Collaborate with Manager, Player Development Program on branding and marketing of the OPDL, Grassroots and ORA programs, including the organization of events and liaising with Member Organizations;
- Collaborate with department leaders within Ontario Soccer to manage and execute the Female Leadership Strategy of the organization;
- Play a mentorship role to establish centralized marketing & partnerships support functionality within the organization;
- Oversee a portfolio that includes National Youth Club Licensing and general Club development resources for our membership.
Qualifications and Required Skill Sets:
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing and business development experience at a major property, brand, or agency;
- Possess superior communications skills, leadership and managerial skills with a strong customer service orientation;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships with teammates and external partners;
- Experience managing marketing and project budgets;
- Experience preparing successful proposals, written marketing materials, including pitch decks and partnership reports;
- Knowledgeable about use of web-based marketing platforms including prevalent social media channels;
- High degree of creativity and proven track record to work collaboratively with all stakeholders;
- Advanced understanding of design and basic proficiencies in key Adobe Suite graphic design programs like Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator;
- Passion for sport and its role in society.
Note: This position profile indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. The Manager, Marketing & Partnerships may be asked to perform other duties, which may be assigned from time to time. Work hours for this role are typically 9am-5pm daily, although, the position may require occasional work outside of these hours on weekends or evenings.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (with Manager, Marketing & Partnerships as the subject) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: Friday, August 23rd, 2019 at 5:00 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.