Post date: Aug. 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Aug. 30, 2019
Position Start Date: Sep. 3, 2019
Each year, GWN produces more than 50 events across North America including watersports, running and soccer. Beyond producing our own award-winning events, GWN offers start-to-finish event management services and corporate team-building experiences.
As GWN continues to grow our portfolio of events, we are looking for an experienced and energetic Sport Event Setup Crew to add to our team. The environment is fun, fast-paced and highly rewarding.
The core responsibility of this position is to work with the Vice President of Operations to ensure the continued smooth operation of our equipment. This will include logistical planning and equipment maintenance or repair, relationship management, coordination of resources, delivery and installation.
You must be comfortable driving a pickup truck with a trailer. A full G license is required. Extensive summer travel required.
If you are a self-starter, results oriented, well organized and sweat the small details then this is the job for you.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and perform repairs
- Work directly with clients, staff and stakeholders to ensure the smooth logistical execution events.
- Develop strong relationships amongst fellow staff, vendors and suppliers.
- Look at external best practices to ensure events have continued success.
- Positively impact the growth and develop of GWN as whole.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Exhibits strong mechanical skills with a minimum of two years of technical experience.
- Strong communication skills and experience dealing with partners and vendors
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Must have a “G” class driver’s license
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States (<15% of the time)
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Fer-Pal will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations.If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee