Events Coordinator - Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc.
Post date: Jul. 8, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 19, 2019
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Events Coordinator to join our team! This will be a 9 month contract position.
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Events Supervisor in the planning and delivery of special events
- Lead in the planning and delivery of special events assigned via the Supervisor
- Post sport and recreation key information including events on a variety of social media platforms
- Collaborate with Client to assess event needs and requirements
- Coordinate and finalize rental arrangements with users (i.e. processing executed contracts and obtaining required insurance documentation.)
- Coordinate with appropriate internal department staff to assess and deliver on needs and program requirements of clients
- Direct delivery of planning, sales, and delivery of Birthday Parties including the organization of part time host staff
- Participate and or lead internal cross department meetings in preparation of special events or projects
- Act as the main contact between the client and TPASC and arrange resources as required (e.g. Catering, AV equipment, etc.)
- Arrange and conducts tours for perspective clients
- Coordinate logistics for customer experience, security, cleaning, parking, waste removal and storage for events
- Update and keeps current the event tracking system
- Assist in the coordination between TPASC staff from all departments of TPASC in the lead up to an event and its execution
- Assist in the planning and delivery of TPASC events (e.g., Annual Staff Picnic and Christmas Party etc.,)
- Work with the client to resolve conflict on facility issues and concerns and escalate to Supervisor when appropriate
- Ensure that the Tri-party leaders at TPASC are aware of all upcoming events
- Participate in Sport and Recreation meetings that provide leadership and mentorship across the department
- Participate in bi-weekly event meetings with Director to discuss status of events
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the mitigation of problems and situations that arise during events (i.e. media access, parking and security.)
- Meet with vendors and recommend suppliers for needed supplies and services
- Monitor the quality of services provided
- Assist in the development of information packages for clients about the facility
- Create invoices for completed events and other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in sports or event management is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 2 years of event leadership and management
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in athletics administration/event operations
- Strong communication skills, writing skills and a high level of creativity
- A strong ability to problem solve, multi task and perform well under high pressure situations
- A positive attitude, highly motivated and energetic
- Efficient in MS Office and Internet
Three professional references will be required and a Vulnerable Person police record check will be required for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must be able to work, days, afternoons, and evenings as well as weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the attention of Rafael Torre, Director of Sport and Recreation by July 19, 2019.
E-mail address: email@example.com
The Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is located at:
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is a world-class sport and recreation venue that proudly hosted the international community for the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games and the 2017 Invictus Games and continues to host provincial, national and international events. . The facility is also an amazing place to join hundreds of professionals who look to develop their career in an exciting and rewarding environment.
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. TPASC delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre and provides world-leading sport science and sport performance services. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org