Executive Assistant - Golf Canada
Post date: Jul. 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 17, 2019
Position Start Date: Aug. 6, 2019
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
Full Time Permanent
Ideal Start Date: Aug 6th, 2019
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is a highly experienced administrative professional who provides a wide range of support to the CEO. The position serves as the primary point of contact for matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO and serves as a liaison to the President & Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant works as part of a team as well as independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and Board including managing calendars of appointments, completing expense reports, preparing and maintaining documentation of meeting material and minutes as required by the Not for Profit Act;
- Responsible for planning Board meetings and coordinating Board activities;
- Create meeting timeline(s), correspondence, and all related materials;
- Attend board and assigned committee meetings where required;
- Prepare correspondence; arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas with discretion;
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Adhere to applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format;
- Ensures that the CEO and Board bios are updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the organization in general.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders;
- Planning, execution and hosting of Golf Canada social events, i.e. Canada Night at the Masters, RBC Canadian Open and CP Women’s Open Hospitality;
- Act as brand ambassador to create awareness, attention and carry the brand message to all stakeholders.
- Manage and communicate as required to remind the CEO of upcoming meetings;
- Take the initiative to prepare and organize documents for meetings;
- Attend meetings alongside the CEO and fill in when needed;
- Book and approve travel requests;
- Coordinate meetings as required;
- Other Duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience working as an executive assistant;
- Experience corresponding directly with Board of Directors/Governors;
- Able to effectively inspire trust and build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors;
- Proven ability to manage confidential information professionally with discretion, as well as exercise good judgment and tact in a variety of situations;
- Strong written and verbal communication, with demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of customer/client service and response through all correspondence;
- Strong prioritization, organization and time management skills. With an ability to balance multiple priorities, pay attention to details, set expectations, and meet deadlines;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities;
- Proactive mind-set, seeking opportunities and solutions;
- Highly resourceful, proven team-player, with the ability to work independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Skilled with customer relationship management software (CRM is an asset);
- Adept with team collaboration & project management software (Huddle is an asset);
- Golf Knowledge is considered an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset.
Golf Canada - Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to five (5) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, July 17th, 2019. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada’s regular hours of work are 40 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day and 5 days a week including a one-hour lunch. However, the demands of your position may require your hours of work to vary to meet the objectives of your employment. Due to the nature of this position, there may also be some travel required and the need to work some weekends.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.