Men’s Varsity Indoor Soccer Coach, Orillia Campus - Lakehead University Orillia Campus
Post date: Jul. 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 21, 2019
Men’s Varsity Indoor Soccer Coach
Athletics and Recreation
Part time, Contract (September – March)
Competition # OR-19-13
Lakehead University Orillia is a member of the Ontario Collegiate Athletic Association (OCAA); we are seeking a passionate and experienced coach to take the lead role with the Men’s Varsity Indoor Soccer program. This is a part time position during the Indoor Soccer season which runs from September until the end of March. Reporting to the Wellness and Athletics Coordinator, Orillia, the Men’s Indoor Varsity Soccer Coach will oversee the development of the indoor soccer program through the continued development of our student athletes.
- Player selection and evaluation
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual training plans for team and individual players, including skills development, strength, conditioning, and technical preparation;
- Conduct weekly practices and attend all games and tournaments (evenings and weekend required)
- Travel with the team to competitions on university provided transportation
- Oversee the health and safety of participants
- Encourage student-athletes to maintain and develop strong academic standing
- Act as a representative of Lakehead University Orillia and conduct oneself in a professional manner in accordance with University policy
- Assist with management and administrative duties
- The coach must be committed to the team and program by attending practices and games including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- The coach will follow OCAA policies and procedures and lead the program by example.
- 3 years of coaching experience with indoor soccer at a competitive level
- Possess coaching certification(s) (NCCP certification preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, team building, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Excellent leader with superb communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to understand and apply policies, procedures, and strategies while building rapport with students, staff, faculty, and administration
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR certificate is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a single PDF document, quoting competition # OR-19-13, that includes cover letter, resume, along with the contact information of three references to:
Office of Human Resources
Orillia Academic Building
500 University Ave.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make appropriate arrangements.