Independent Contractor – CEC Competition Series Coordinator - Climbing Canada
Post date: Jul. 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 15, 2019
Position Start Date: Aug. 1, 2019
The role of the CEC Competition Series Coordinator will be to manage the CEC series events and provide support to the key stakeholders, including but not limited to: High Performance Director (HPD), Executive Director (ED), hosting facilities, Competition Committee, Technical Delegate (TD) and Jury President (JP).
The Series Coordinator will be directly responsible for the organization of the CEC competition series events and all the aspects required to ensure such events run in accordance with the CEC standards. Their responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work with the CEC Treasurer to develop and manage the Series budget, including but not limited to approving Officials transportation and other expenses, booking accommodation for Officials, managing re-imbursement of official’s expenses
- Manage expenses for the series within the budget predetermined by the CEC ED and HPD. Oversee the application and selection process for the hosting facilities.
- Oversee the application and selection process for CEC officials.
- Facilitate execution and delivery of event hosting agreements.
- Manage the technical and event sub-committees of the Competition Committee under the direction of the HPD and ED.
- Work directly with the Series sponsors on on-site activations and sponsor involvement in the series.
- Work directly with the HPD to ensure the series schedule is compatible with their vision for the HP program.
- Work with the HPD and ED to develop, update and implement the necessary documents and materials for the series, including but not limited to: field of play guidelines and graphics charter, signage for routes, applications and event agreements and organizers handbook.
- Develop and implement feedback processes for the CEC officials.
- Work with the hosting facilities on Series Sponsorship requirements.
- Support the TD with their role including but not limited to: approval of FOP, facility requirements, running orders.
- Manage registration for competitions and develop running orders (with the support of the TD and JP).
- Attend all 3 National events and as many Regional events as budget and time permits
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS:
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities
- Basic financial acumen
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have:
- prior experience successfully organizing and managing competitive sporting events at the national level
- strong relationships within the competitive climbing community
- experience creating and managing to budgets
- experience working in not-for-profit environment
- qualification as a CEC judge in all climbing disciplines.
The Series Coordinator will have dual reporting directly to the High Performance Director and Executive Director of the CEC, and, through the HPD and ED, will be held accountable to the CEC board of directors.
The Series Coordinator will be an independent contractor of the CEC and will receive an honorarium of $12,000 for the 2019/2020 competition series which will be paid in three equal installments: at the end of the 2019 calendar year; upon completion of the national bouldering events; upon completion of the national lead and speed events.
Deadline for application is July 15, 2019.
Interested candidates should apply by email with a resume to:
Greg Locke, Chair
Climbing Escalade Canada.