Assistant Coach, Varsity Blues Badminton - UofT Varsity Blues
Post date: Jul. 11, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 31, 2019
Position Start Date: Sep. 16, 2019
The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the volunteer position of Assistant Coach for the Varsity Blues Badminton Program.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Intercollegiate Blue & White Division and Club Sports, the Badminton Assistant Coach’s key roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform all coaching and management duties consistent with the operation of a successful varsity sport program, including: team selection, personnel management, team and individual goal setting, tactical and technical preparation and coaching execution (on-court), session planning and preparation, match preparation, management and evaluation, scouting, athlete evaluation and feedback, program evaluation, and maintenance of regular contact with athletes.
- Lead sessions specifically aimed at developing the following:
- High level techniques and application of techniques during match play
- Badminton specific physical training
- Performs program administrative duties as required.
- Carry out all of the above duties in a manner that aligns with University of Toronto and Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Complies with OUA and Badminton Canada rules and regulations, and event requirements.
- Be available to attend the OUA Championships (February 28 – March 1) and Canadian University/College National Championship hosted by Badminton Canada (March TBD).
Badminton is in the Blue & White Division of the University of Toronto intercollegiate sport model and operates from October 1st to the OUA Championships in February annually and the Canadian University/College championship in March annually.
- University degree preferably in kinesiology or physical education or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years coaching experience in the OUA, club or provincial or national team programs.
- NCCP Level 1 preferred
- Significant experience playing badminton.
- A valid police reference check.
This is a volunteer position compensated by honoraria. Deadline for application: Friday, July 31, 2019 by 11:59pm. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Kevin Sousa, Assistant Manager, Intercollegiate Blue & White Division and Club Sports via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.