General Office Assistant - Mooredale House
Post date: Jul. 9, 2019
Application Deadline: Jul. 29, 2019
Position Start Date: Sep. 3, 2019
Job Title: General Office Assistant
Shifts: 4:30-8:30pm (16 hours per week)
Days: Monday - Thursday
Duration: September 2019- May 2020
Mooredale is an established non-profit organization that welcomes people of all ages to experience a wide range of educational, recreational, social and cultural activities. Supported by families and volunteers, we build on a rich history of providing programs and services to the community while embracing fresh ideas for the future.
Perform general office duties to support Mooredale’s evening programs, meetings and activities including registration, data entry, mailing/emails, scanning, filing, messages, photocopying as needed. Perform full reception and clerical duties for community centre including membership assistance where possible. Assess incoming calls and messages for priority attention; maintain computer and manual files; photocopy reports, manuals, correspondence, and program flyers and distribute as necessary. Complete some general duties. Provide emergency assistance as needed.
- Greet members and visitors at Office Door and assist them with their requests, if possible
- General office work (mail, email, word processing, photocopying, filing, payments)
- Data entry as needed - program and sport registration
- Inform members when program or sport is wait listed
- Make program confirmation calls as requested by other Mooredale staff
- Make cancellation calls as needed
- Assist with telephone outgoing message updates, as needed
- Pick-up voicemail messages on general voice mail and ext. 101, and forward for further attention to correct staff
- Assist instructors or meeting groups as needed with space requirements and check that required set-up was done – if not, assist with setting up room or equipment
- Assist program instructor(s) with calling parents if late for pick-up after program finished
- Provide/ Print updated class lists to instructors as needed
- Provide forms for routine needs (registration, part-time instructor payment, requisition, etc.)
- Provide additional equipment or set-up assistance for meetings/programs as needed
- Provide front line reception for all office functions, including registration, information about upcoming programs, sports, activities, events, etc.
- Process payments – cash, cheques, debit cards, VISA, MasterCard
- Take messages for other staff and forward to individual in-boxes (mail, email, voice mail)
- Verify accuracy of general information on Mooredale website and notify staff of corrections needed
- Update web-site as required
- First aid/emergency response and assistance as needed
- Provide emergency assistance regarding salt at front entrances for winter months- May have to shovel snow from entry door and place salt
- Communicate with morning staff by completing office log book for non-routine issues
- Lock-up office and cashbox in safe at end of shift
- Close up the building and set alarm if cleaners are not already on-site.
- Provide office support to special Mooredale fund-raising efforts as required.
- Assist with general office and photocopy room cleanliness
- Assist office staff with preparing for large events, i.e. Winter Wonderland and Mayfair
- Previous office experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with online CRM software and websites.
- Must possess current Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ certification.
- Strong communicator, detail oriented, strong customer service skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in this position, and interested in becoming a part of the team at Mooredale, please forward your cover letter and resume to Paul Buksner, Executive Director by Monday July 29, 2019:
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.