Coordinator, Coach Development - Ontario Soccer
Post date: Jun. 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Jun. 21, 2019
Position Start Date: Jul. 1, 2019
The position will work closely in assistance to the Manager of Coaching Development in matters relating to Ontario Soccer’s Coach Development Program.
The Coordinator, Coach Development will provide support and guidance to the Ontario Soccer Membership Districts, Clubs and Academies for the Coach Development Program, including the clinic management systems and maintenance of coaching accreditations and ongoing customer service for the Coach Development Program.
In alignment with Canada Soccer’s new Coach Education Pathway, the Coordinator, Coach Development is responsible for organizing all Ontario Soccer and Canada Soccer coaching courses across Ontario.
This positions closely supports the Ontario Soccer Coach Developers and Evaluators to ensure that the each course is fully organized, communicated and tracked in Clinic Management system and all coach candidates are fully informed of course information.
This opportunity requires the successful person to manage and enhance a learning platform that allows for on course learning, and tracking of evaluations with providing feedback and support to both staff and coaches. This feedback will support the growth and development of both the coaches and the coach developers.
Canada Soccer C License and National B Part 1 Licence Program in Ontario
- Coordinate the delivery of all Canada Soccer C and National B Part 1 courses in Ontario
- Be the first point of contact for all queries aimed at the C Licence and B Licence Programs
- Work with Manager of Coach Development to assign Coach Developers
- Coordinate course applications and registration processes including the booking of fields and classrooms
- Coordinate course materials and distribution, as they pertain to the workshop
- Confirm travel details, hotels and food catering (if necessary)
- Coordinate and organize course equipment, A/V requirements and stationery
- Maintain and finalize class lists and upload to NCCP
- Coordinate all communication with candidates
- Process feedback and evaluations to Coach Developers
Canada Soccer C License and National B Part 1 Evaluations
- Coordinate the evaluations of all coaches going through C License and National B Part 1 in Ontario
- Provide candidates access to the Ontario Soccer Online Learning Platform as required
- Process candidate applications; request and introduce them to the Ontario Soccer Coach Evaluators
- Track, monitor and review the video applications
- Process certificates and update the NCCP successful candidates
- Process feedback from evaluations to Coach Developers
Coach Developers and Coach Evaluators
- Act as a first point of contact and maintain a high level of communication with all Coach Developers and Coach Evaluators across the province
- Processing Coach Developer expenses
- Assist with all enquiries from Coach Developers
- Work with Manager of Coach Development to assign Coach Evaluators to evaluations
Ontario Soccer Online Coach Education Platform:
- Coordinate with Academy Soccer Coach administration on all phases of platform development
- Communication of codes/access information to coaches for licensing courses
- Provide content for the platform
- Respond to all coach enquiries regarding Academy Soccer Coach
Female Mentorship Program:
- Provide support to Head Coach Mentor, Manager of Coach Development, Assistant Coach Mentors and any mentee coaches
- Schedule all workshops, book facilities and manage the field equipment
- Manage website content
- Distribute course program materials to mentee coaches
- Provide support during the annual application process
- Process all expenses related to the program
Technical Director Diploma Course
- Support the building of course schedule and content with Manager of Coach Development
- Utilize the Ontario Soccer Learning Platform to allow candidates to submit their data.
- Book the course with facility staff
- Support the communication to course presenters
- Collect all course presentations for post-course distribution
- Create course certificates
- Process all expenses related to the course
- Support the booking of hotels and/or car rentals for speakers
- Oversee all course refreshments components
- Create and distribute course survey
- Distribute and collect all post-course work
- Provide support during annual budget creation
- Provide data for course numbers from Ontario Soccer Course Management system
- Process all expenses pertaining to all Coaching Department programs and items
Coach Development Section of Ontario Soccer Website
- Oversee and edit all website content that pertains to Ontario Coach Development Programs
Ontario Soccer Summit
- Support the logistics of Coaching summit speakers
- Attend pre-summit meetings
- Promote the event through all Coaching Department outlets
- Communicate with all facilitators regarding registration and duties on summit weekend
- At least 2 years’ experience in administrative support.
- Experience with file sharing systems, website content updating.
- Experience working with volunteers, events and customer service.
- Soccer coaching experience at any level is an asset
Education and Professional Designations:
- Post-Secondary education in sports administration, physical education, recreation or other related discipline: or comparable work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written, communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Well-developed time management skill to accommodate the requirements of the role, which do not fall in the tradition 9-5pm Monday to Friday working week
- Subscribes to continual professional development and self-improvement
- Demonstrating great initiative and energy
- Experience in staff management and program coordination
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of common technology and computer platforms including experience with: website updates, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Cloud Apps (Docs, Sheets, Presentation), Apple’s iCloud (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)
- Experience in video sharing sites, uploading and editing videos.
Note: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.