Intern - Administrative Support - Speed Skating Canada
Post date: May. 8, 2019
Application Deadline: May. 17, 2019
Position Start Date: Jun. 10, 2019
Speed Skating Canada (SSC), the national governing body for the sport of speed skating in Canada, is looking to fill the position of Summer Student, Administrative Support. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs initiative, which provides wage subsidies to employers to create employment for secondary and post-secondary students.
Working at the Olympic Oval in Calgary, the successful candidate will support the Long Track Team in the day to day operations of Speed Skating Canada providing general administative and financial support
This is a great opportunity to be part of a National Sport Organization and to gain valuable work experience in the field of amateur sport. Applicants in the field of Sport Management, Communications, Recreation Management, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Public Administration and other related fields would benefit from this experience. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong verbal and written communucations skills, ideally in both official languages;
- Excellent organization and implementation skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office programs;
- A professional attitude when dealing with members, partner organizations and the public, and
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
To further explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to the contact listed.