Project Coordinator - Diversity and Inclusion - Coaching Association of Canada
Post date: May. 7, 2019
Application Deadline: May. 21, 2019
Position Start Date: Jun. 17, 2019
Project Coordinator - Diversity and Inclusion
Manager, Diversity and Inclusion
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
The CAC is searching for a dynamic new employee to join our team. The Project Coordinator will contribute to the development and implementation of the Association’s diversity and inclusion initiatives specifically related to two projects: Addressing and Preventing Gender-based violence/teen dating violence and women in coaching. Working with the Manager, Diversity and Inclusion, the Project Coordinator will work collaboratively to support CAC research teams, committees, partners and stakeholders in the implementation of programs and the creation of new educational modules aligned with supporting a safe sport environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and logistical support to staff, the research teams, advisory committee and project leads for the hosting of teleconferences, meetings, focus groups, and other activities
- Disseminate online survey tools and monitor responses
- Assist in the collation of survey, interview, and focus group data
- Assist in the development of online education modules and resources
- Manage project budgets
- Manage contracts
- Report financial updates as needed
Planning and Project Management
- Develop, monitor, and execute detailed plans for multi-year projects
- Oversee all work plans and ensure ongoing adherence to deadlines and key deliverables
- Draft interim and annual project reports for internal and funding partner requirements
- Support the planning, implementation, and evaluation of project specific critical paths
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- University/College education in sport management/administration, education, business administration or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise
- Proven record of accomplishment of effective project and budget management, educational material development, and/or coaching
- Experience working within the sport sector, government, or educational settings an asset
- PMP® certification considered an asset
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Well developed and proven project management skills
- Exceptional relationship management and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet timelines in a fast‐paced environment
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to be creative and flexible in bringing forth solution
- Must be a strong team player, willing to be an engaged contributor to the CAC Team
- Demonstrated passion for sport, physical activity, coaching, education considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English / French) considered an asset
The CAC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability. Salary based on previous experience and education.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by May 21, 2019, to email@example.com.
All responses are appreciated, however; only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.