Coordinator, Children, Youth and Family (CYF) Programs - YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region
Post date: May. 10, 2019
Application Deadline: May. 17, 2019
Position Start Date: May. 27, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
To work as part of the Clarence-Rockland Y leadership team in providing quality opportunities for involvement to programs for members, volunteers, staff and community at large while specifically coordinating the delivery of programs and services for children, youth and their families.
- Actively interact and build relationships with program members to help ensure member experiences are positive.
- Implement sport and recreation programs for children and youth. Oversee the planning and delivery of the school holiday/summer neighbourhood day camp programs.
- Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and motivate staff and volunteers involved in CYF programming to deliver quality service and programs.
- Implement the annual operational and financial plans and manage the revenues and expenses of the CYF department responsibly.
- Perform all administrative duties associated with the position, ensuring all Y policies and procedures are followed as they relate to personnel, payroll, etc.
- Promote CYF programs and Summer Neighbourhood day camp programs.
- Supervise and contribute to the broader member service needs (membership desk support, cleaning culture, retention).
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field (i.e. Education, Early Childhood Education, Human Kinetics, Recreation/ Leisure Studies)
- Experience in the field of Children and Youth programming (i.e. Coaching, Summer Camp programs, After-School Programming)
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Commitment to Y values-honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
- High Five training and/or Y Healthy Child Development training considered an asset
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check not older than 6 months is required, as per Association policy
- COMMITMENT TO ORGANIZATION VISION, MISSION AND VALUES - Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission, values and strategic outcomes of the YMCA-YMCA.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT - Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicates them effectively to their supervisor.
- CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION - Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenges the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
- TEAMWORK – The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- QUALITY FOCUS – Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.