Digital Designer - Volleyball BC
Post date: Jun. 7, 2018
Application Deadline: Jun. 22, 2018
Position Start Date: Jul. 9, 2018
VOLLEYBALL BC – DIGITAL DESIGNER
Volleyball BC is a non-profit organization that actively encourages participation and fosters the development of Volleyball in BC.
We are seeking a Digital Designer for a unique position that offers a wide variety of exciting work including: designing t-shirts and logos, creating event programs, managing websites (WordPress), designing social media content, shooting photos and videos, and live-streaming amateur and pro sporting events.
The qualified candidate will be a creative and computer-savvy go-getter with a graphic design degree and 1-2 years of design experience in a fast-paced environment. They will be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Lightroom) and have experience with managing/creating WordPress websites and familiarity with shooting and editing video and DSLR photos.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely and take direction from the marketing and operation teams on the graphic and digital design needs for the organization. Some provincial travel may be required (Parksville, Kelowna) as well as local travel to events (Richmond, Abbotsford). The position will require some weekend hours, especially during events in the summer.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative graphic designer with strong computer skills to be involved in multiple areas of an organization. The position requires the ability to work independently with little supervision and produce captivating and creative content with tight deadlines. From huge indoor youth tournaments in the Tradex Convention Center, to the high profile $30,000 Vancouver Open beach tournament, to our annual Hall of Fame gala, our Digital Designer will be producing a wide range of content for the events and coordinating with our sponsors, uniform suppliers, and volunteers.
Experience with volleyball and a love for the sport is preferred, but if you have all the skills and are willing to learn about our sport we’re definitely excited to meet you.
Our offices are located at the Harry Jerome Sports Centre in Burnaby, BC, home to six volleyball courts dedicated to adult and youth recreational and competitive play.
POSITION TYPE: Full time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday June 22th, 2018
- Post-Secondary Education - Graphic Design Degree or Certificate (minimum 2-year program/4-year preferred)
- 1-2 years as a graphic designer producing content in Adobe Creative Suite with particularly strong skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- 1-2 years of experience with Wordpress websites. Knowledge of templates, plugins, hosting, and editing
- 1-2 years of experience shooting photography or videography. Experience with editing photos and videos
- Strong computer skills including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience producing content for social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience producing content for email campaigns and related software (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience working with printers (tents, flags, banners, t-shirts, posters)
- Experience editing and producing videos for upload to YouTube or Facebook
- Live Streaming experience (YouTube or Facebook, Twitch)
- Experience producing content for events including working at events posting live updates/photos
- Experience with web hosting, DNS servers, domain names
- Experience with volleyball or other team sports
START DATE: July 9th, 2018 (Negotiable depending upon current work situation)
Please forward resume along with portfolio of graphic design projects and any relevant photography/videography along with salary expectations to:
Chris Densmore - Chief Executive Officer
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.