Sports & Entertainment Marketing Internship (Fall 2018) - Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Post date: Jun. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: Jul. 31, 2018
Position Start Date: Sep. 4, 2018
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is actively looking for passionate and dedicated individuals with a sports & entertainment marketing background/interest to join the Cosmos team as an intern. Account Executives will garner a wide range of experience and have the opportunity to learn about the many facets of the sports & entertainment business. Account Executives will be involved in all day-to-day operations of Cosmos, including: Marketing, Ticket Sales, Consulting, Corporate Sponsorship, and Event Management. Account Executives are given the opportunity and responsibility to assist with projects for some of our biggest clients which have included: The CTV Olympics, Bills in Toronto, Canadian Soccer Association, Edmonton Eskimos, Toronto Wolfpack, and the ECHL. If you are looking to begin a career in the sports & entertainment industry, there is no better place to start than the Cosmos Sports & Entertainment internship program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Gaining hands-on experience in ticket sales by assisting with outbound calls to targeted lists of past ticket purchasers for the purpose of increasing spending and/or frequency.
- Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about all Cosmos Sports properties, notably those pertaining to ticket sales and corporate sponsorship.
- Learning how exceptional customer service can assist with the renewal and growth of existing client relationships.
- Developing an understanding of new business processes including prospecting, strategic outreach, research, proposal development, and presentation.
- Assisting with researching, reviewing, editing, and producing communications, marketing pieces, sponsorship proposals, and strategic consulting reports.
- Providing input and assistance with digital content and marketing pieces for clients' use.
- Assisting with the development of prospecting databases for clients which may include schools, community groups, corporate entities, and minor sports teams.
- Providing administrative support as necessary for Managers and Directors.
- Currently enrolled in a Business, Marketing, Sport Management, or related field of study.
- Demonstrated commitment to the following 10 qualities: integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership and urgency.
- Familiarity/experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/priorities of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in a customer-service role is an asset (particularly in a telephone service environment).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines are essential for our fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as an effective team player, as well as independently.
- Passion for the sports & entertainment business is definitely an asset!
Compensation: Unpaid internship (Expenses will be reimbursed).
Able to work 40 hours/week (Full Time) or a minimum of 2 days/week (Part Time)
Schedule: Fall term will run from Tuesday September 4th to Friday December 21st.
Application: Please submit Cover Letter and Resume through our site at www.cosmossports.com/careers