Projects Lead - ParticipACTION
Post date: May. 15, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 31, 2018
Position Start Date: Jun. 18, 2018
ParticipACTION is the number one physical activity brand in Canada and the national voice of physical activity and sport participation. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION was relaunched in 2007 to help address the inactivity crisis in Canada and is now looking to rejuvenate the brand and spark a national movement that rallies Canadians to make physical activity a vital part of everyday life in Canada.
As a national not-for-profit organization, ParticipACTION works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors, to inspire and support Canadians to sit less and move more.
ParticipACTION engages Canadians through relevant and compelling initiatives that support and encourage them to be active, and as a thought leader, it is the informed opinion leader and the go-to source in the Canadian field of physical activity and sport participation.
Reporting to the Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations, the Projects Lead manages a portfolio of projects, responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of a variety of initiatives. The Projects Lead manages relationships with a variety of key stakeholders and provides leadership and guidance to project implementation teams to ensure project objectives are met and deliverables are completed within budget and timelines. The ideal candidate has superior project management skills and is organized, and deadline driven.
- Work with the Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations to produce quality proposals and presentations
- Develop work plans and critical paths for active projects, setting key milestones and benchmarks with input from the project implementation team and agencies where appropriate
- Plan and lead project team meetings, including the coordination of logistics, preparation and circulation of relevant materials and liaising with project team’s members as needed
Project Budgeting and Financial Management
- Investigate supplier and agency quotes, documenting for future reference, and comparing quotes to determine best value for investment
- Based on project scope and in consultation with the Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations, create project budgets, allocating specific budgets to respective aspects of the project as appropriate, and processing invoices
- Develop MOUs and payment schedules with suppliers, agencies and partners as appropriate, for approval by Director of Projects and Stakeholder Relations
- Track actual expenses against projected budget and participate in regular forecasting to ensure project costs are contained within projected budgets
- Support government financial reporting
- Partnering with external resources as required, identifying and communicating deliverables and expectations
- Track, monitor and update work plans as projects progress, continuously tracking against project plan initially set out
- Oversee team members involved in projects, delegate, coach and provide guidance as required ensuring follow-up on action items
- Draft correspondence and communications
- Contribute to the evaluation of projects and draft official reports and presentations as required
- Oversee the development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials and digital assets
- Maintain accurate and up to date project reports, records and files, both manually and electronically
- Liaising with external consultants and suppliers to monitor and ensure satisfactory completion of agreed upon deliverables according to the MOU, contract or quote
- Respond to telephone and on‐line inquiries from key stakeholders specific to projects and portfolio
- Provide support and seek input from partner organizations as necessary which could include leading project-specific advisory committees
- Represent the interests of ParticipACTION to various stakeholders at conferences, summits, meetings and events and showcase ParticipACTION project activities and outcomes
- Investigating, exploring and identifying opportunities to collaborate with new partners and future opportunities to continue collaborating with existing partners
- Build relationships with government representatives connected to the project to provide project updates and reports, seek input where needed and ensure the proper processes are adhered to.
- Develop and deliver on-going presentations and reports to key stakeholders as needed
- Assign and oversee work of project support staff as applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in the planning and execution of projects, programs, events, and leading meetings/work teams is required
- Post‐secondary education in Physical and Health Education / Promotion, Sport Marketing / Administration, Health Sciences, business or related discipline.
- Experience leading team meetings and providing guidance and support to team members
- Possesses sound judgement and is a creative problem solver
- Possesses knowledge of the health and physical activity sector
- Possesses knowledge of digital development processes
- Has experience with developing and managing budgets
- Can coordinate communications and work with external suppliers and corporate partners
- Has effective project management skills and is able to multi‐task
- Ability to analyze evaluation results and write reports
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Has strong written, oral communication and presentations skills
- Ability to manage key relationships with internal and external partners
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Formal project management training or certification preferred