Philanthropic Support Assistant - Canadian Olympic Committee
Post date: May. 15, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 28, 2018
Philanthropic Support Assistant
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada's high performance sport system and assist Canada's athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
The Philanthropic Support Assistant is a dynamic individual who provides administrative support to the Foundation Team. In particular, the Philanthropic Support Assistant provides support for the RBC Future Olympian Program as well as impact reporting, granting and stewardship. Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, the Philanthropic Support Assistant is organized, tenacious and takes pride in accuracy with a keen interest in sport.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
- In cooperation with colleagues at the Foundation and the Canadian Olympic Committee, coordinate the RBC Future Olympian Program including tracking athlete progress, measure the impact of the program and create stewardship reports.
- Track and analyse reports to deliver impact reports for donors.
- Execute the Foundation’s stewardship plan.
- Support the Major Gifts campaigns with data entry, research documents, gift agreements and pledge reminders.
- Support the Director, Business Operations by providing administrative support with grants, tracking and funding agreements.
- Provide administrative support to Foundation staff members which includes: process gifts and issue tax receipts, assist with event administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
- Ideally 1-2 years administrative experience at an executive level in a corporate or not-for-profit environment
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent project management skills and very detail oriented
- Enthusiastic, self-motived and works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Innovative, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Exercises tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure
- Advanced MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook etc) and some familiarity with databases or CRM software
- Knowledge of French is considered an asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Respect, Fun and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by May 28, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.