Receptionist - Canadian Olympic Committee
Post date: Apr. 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 21, 2018
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Receptionist will play an integral part of representing the COC to the public as first point of contact by providing a high level of customer service to incoming callers and walk in guests in a timely manner. They will also be responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of the administrative activities which facilitate the smooth running of the office.
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Act as first point of contact for all incoming guests; greeting visitors, informing employees of guest arrivals, and following all processes for visitors in office.
- Answer all incoming calls: transferring calls to the appropriate team member and/or responding to enquiries, as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Toronto Receptionist & Operations Assistant to ensure seamless communication and effectiveness between offices;
- Assist with the hiring and management of third party contractors (painters, movers, etc.);
- Work with building management to maintain a clean, functional and safe working environment for all staff;
- Manage all office operational procedures and foresee where positive change and operational efficiencies can be made;
- Coordinate boardroom bookings for both internal and external clients/associations, catering needs, room set-up, technical requirements and meeting logistics as required;
- Prepare financial reports and summaries and reconcile all office expenses (Staples, Wheels, Taxis, Purolator, etc.);
- Route and file various documents;
- Draft and proofread office-wide correspondence;
- Provide general administrative support to the EA of the ED, Sport as well as Directors as required.
- Assist HR and Office Manager with the onboarding process, including but not limited to ordering business cards, preparing new desk areas, activation of building keys, parking credentials, etc.;
- Manage office petty cash and process expense reports
- Assist with other projects as required.
General Office Administration
- Prepare outgoing mail, courier packages and post daily;
- Receive, open and distribute (invoicing and coding if necessary) incoming courier packages and mail;
- Monitor, order and maintain all office supplies and department specific supplies (paper, ink, etc.);
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, ensuring equipment is functional at all times;
- Oversee maintenance, supplies and operational needs of all common areas, including the reception area, meeting space, production rooms and kitchens (dishwasher, fresh coffee, dishes, etc.), including day-to-day needs; and all common areas tidy and presentable at all times;
- Coordinate boardroom bookings, catering needs, room set-up and meeting logistics as required;
- Assist in the management of all office storage;
- Purchase and provide healthy food items for each Monday Morning Breakfast;
- Manage small projects independently as assigned and provide Office Manager with status updates as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Fully bilingual in French and English. Other languages an asset;
- 3 years of experience in an administration function preferred;
- University degree/College diploma considered an asset;
- Possess outstanding interpersonal/communication and customer service skills;
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner;
- Strong regard for business etiquette and confidentiality;
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and a strong attention to detail;
- A self starter with strong motivation to take on multiple initiatives with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a high stress, creative environment while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Effectively manage time, prioritize workflows and schedules;
- Strong technical skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point are a must;
- Organized, professional, motivated, and able to work quickly and follow detailed instructions
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about sport in Canada an asset
- Demonstrate consistent attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 21, 2018 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.