Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer - Canadian Olympic Committee
Post date: Apr. 4, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 18, 2018
Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and based in the Canadian Olympic Committee’s Toronto office, the Executive Assistant is an integral member of the Finance and IT team responsible for providing front line administrative support to the CFO and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the office. The Executive Assistant will support the CFO with their day to day work and perform a variety of administrative duties. They will also be responsible for providing support to the larger Finance and IT teams.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
- Manage all executive level administrative tasks including, but not limited to, file maintenance, scheduling meetings, conference calls and arranging extensive domestic and international travel for the CFO.
- Read and screen incoming mail and telephone calls.
- Provide administrative support, including composing correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Prepare and/or manage internal and external communications, while handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play.
- Adeptly handle incoming communications and respond to requests for information on a timely basis, from a variety of industry stakeholders.
- Manage daily email inquiries by organizing, prioritizing, and forwarding to CFO as required.
- Extensive calendar management, including scheduling of meetings, booking meeting facilities, ensuring access to required technology, etc.
- Assist in building meeting agendas, organize supporting documentation and act as recording administrator as required.
- Organize various Committee meetings, including scheduling, logistics, preparation and distribution of materials, and other duties. Assist in preparation of Board of Director materials.
- Manage CFO budget, including expense account documentation and filings with accounting.
- Provide relief support to reception area and assist other administrative assistants, as needed.
- Liaise with and support the Finance and IT teams as required.
- Special projects as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
- University degree or college diploma (in a field related to office administration an asset)
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role
- High level of personal integrity and presents a highly professional image at all times – both internally and externally
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organization and time management skills and the ability to respond to varied and often tight deadlines and effectively balance competing stakeholders and agendas
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues, partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency; work with other staff and stakeholders, as required, to exude a “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Proven ability to organize and manage Committee and Board meetings and materials.
- Proven critical thinking skills combined with common sense
- Adaptable and flexible; eager to learn and share opinions
- Effective team player, but also comfortable working independently
- Proficient with computer software applications in a Windows environment (advanced PowerPoint skills an asset).
- Knowledge of financial concepts is an asset
- Enthusiasm for amateur sport and a healthy sense of humour
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 18, 2018 to email@example.com, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.