Sports & Entertainment Marketing Internship (Summer 2018) - Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 11, 2018
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service marketing firm founded in 2003 by Cary and Amelia Kaplan. With the slogan 'Win the Business', Cosmos' mission is:
"Transforming employees into teammates, customers into fans, and sports organizations into champions, by providing exceptional service and winning results."
While this mission may sound lofty, we believe that sports & entertainment organizations generally exhibit a tremendous passion towards the “performance” side of their operations. Our goal is to educate them to provide the same vigor to the sales, marketing, public relations, human resources, operations and administration that drive the organizations as a whole. Further, within our own company, we are similarly committed to service, delivery and results for our customers that are consistently at an exceptionally high level. Cosmos has worked with thousands of sports teams, leagues, organizations, Universities & Colleges, governing bodies, performing arts organizations, corporations, media partners, retailers, athletes, job seekers and fans in our several years in business. We look forward to continuing to build our leadership role in the sports and entertainment marketing field.
Cosmos Sports is actively looking for passionate and dedicated individuals with a sport & entertainment marketing background/interest to join the Cosmos Sports & Entertainment team as an intern. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to pursue a career in the highly competitive sports & entertainment field. Through the internship, interns (referred to as Account Executives) will garner a range of experience and have the opportunity to learn about the many facets of the sports & entertainment business. Account Executives will be involved in the day-to-day operations of Cosmos while actively working within several areas of the business including: Marketing, Ticket Sales, Corporate Sponsorship, Digital Media, Human Resources, Business Development and Event Management. Account Executives are given the opportunity and responsibility to assist with projects for some of our biggest clients, which include: the Brampton Beast, City of Kitchener, Canadian Arena Soccer Association, and the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra. If you are looking to begin a career in the sports & entertainment industry, there is no better place to start than the Cosmos Internship!
- Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about all Cosmos properties.
- Developing a strong understanding of the sports & entertainment business as a whole from the fan, property, brand and agency perspective.
- Gaining hands-on experience in ticket sales by assisting with outbound campaigns to targeted lists of past ticket purchasers for the purpose of increasing spending and/or frequency.
- Actively contributing to the various stages of the sponsorship sales process.
- Learning how exceptional customer service and relationship building can assist with the renewal and growth of existing client relationships.
- Developing an understanding of business development processes including prospecting, strategic outreach, research, proposal development, and presentation.
- Assisting with researching, reviewing, editing and producing communications, marketing pieces, sponsorship proposals, and strategic consulting reports.
- Providing input and assistance with digital content and marketing pieces for clients’ use.
- Assisting with the development of prospecting databases for clients.
- Providing administrative support as necessary for Managers and Directors.
- Currently enrolled at a post secondary institution in a related field of study.
- Must be receiving course credit for completing the internship.
- Demonstrated commitment to the following 10 qualities: Integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership, and urgency.
- Familiarity/experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and deadlines.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Passion for sports & entertainment is a strong asset!
Compensation: Unpaid Internship (Expenses will be reimbursed)