Sport Research Assistant (Part time) - The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 16, 2018
Are you a sport research student who loves to answer the questions “So What?” Are you returning to school in September? If you have a background in coaching, nutrition, governance, sport science or sport management, this is could very well be your ideal job.
The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) is Canada’s leading communication and knowledge hub for sport. Founded in 1973, SIRC is a not-for-profit corporation that has served the Canadian and International sport communities with timely, credible and qualified sport resources. As home to the largest network of sport research followers, creator of the world’s leading sport job board and daily SIRC NewsHub, creator of the SportDiscusTM database, SIRCuit publications and host of the Sport Canada Research Initiative Conference, SIRC has the ability to provide unique insights and services. SIRC leverages innovative communication technologies, extensive subject knowledge and an in-depth appreciation of the sport community to provide resources and services to sport organizations, sport leaders and their Boards, coaches, officials, athletes, researchers and educators and policy and government. For more information visit: www.sirc.ca.
Under the guidance of SIRC’s Manager, Subscriptions and Operations, the Sport Research Assistant will focuses on the network development and knowledge transfer of credible research and information to reach our various sport audiences. The researcher will help answer the question “So what?” Your unique communication skill set will help to make the information relevant so that sport practitioners such as programmers, clubs and leaders, Board members, etc. can strengthen programs within Canada’s sport system and encourage participation in sport at all levels of play.
- A focus on knowledge exchange targeted to our various sport audiences from local to national, athletes and coaches to parents, administrators and Board members.
- Create engaging blog posts and articles that educate, inform and entertain the Canadian sport community and help SIRC to broaden its reach
- Develop knowledge nuggets to better communicate the information with a sport audience
- Create supporting infographics to enhance learning and clarify messaging
- Working towards a degree in Sport Management, Social Science, Kinesiology or related sport/communication field
- Expertise with any of the following subject areas: Coaching, sport training, governance, nutrition, or general sport/fitness
- Ability to think independently and suggest creative topics that generate buzz
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient research and content analysis skills to produce credible articles
- Desire to create and share the knowledge through informative and educational pieces
- Proven track record of writing engaging content
- Deadline oriented
- Comfortable with computers; MAC and/or PC
- Takes direction well
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Willingness to tackle challenges and develop initiatives
- Excellent word-processing skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Interest in sport research and a desire to learn are essential
- Love of Sport
- Returning student
- Bilingualism an asset, but not essential
- Prior blogging and sport industry experience is an asset
Other Possible Duties (but not limited to):
- General office administrative duties
Please send cover letter and resume by May 16th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.