Event Volunteer Program Coordinator - Skate Canada
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 29, 2018
Skate Canada is committed to inspiring all Canadians to embrace the joy of skating.
Canadians love skating! Every winter, millions of Canadians take to the ice, indoors and outdoors in search of fun, fitness and achievement. Skate Canada’s mission is to ensure a continuing legacy of champions and to be recognized as the leader in the delivery of effective, innovative skating programs. If you have a passion for the sport as a fan, as a participant, or if you’re committed to excellence and focused on building partnerships, this may be the team for you. Join our energetic and dynamic group dedicated to providing and promoting a positive and fun-filled skating experience for Canadians.
Skate Canada provides exciting and challenging work in a dynamic environment and an excellent total rewards package. We are inviting applications for the position of Event Volunteer Program Coordinator.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the Event Volunteer Program Coordinator leads all aspects of the planning and execution of the volunteer program for Skate Canada Events. This position is responsible for the coordination and execution of all in-venue catering requirements, medical services, Guest Program and event related social functions at Skate Canada events. This is a 16 month term position as the successful candidate will be filling a maternity leave replacement.
- Leads the implementation of the volunteer programs at Skate Canada Events.
- Manage the volunteer application process including Online Registration System and data base management.
- Manage and coordinate Local Organizing Committee (LOC) selection process working with Host Section.
- Liaise and work directly with LOC Chair and Volunteer Recruitment Director.
- Primary contact for LOC supervisors for areas including, Catering, Ceremonies, Ice Operations and Guest Program.
- Coordinate communication and introductions between the LOC volunteer supervisors and Skate Canada staff.
- Liaise with Event Operations Coordinator on procurement of volunteer supplies, including volunteer uniforms and gifting.
- Oversee the selection and audition process of Flower Retrievers and Ceremony Participants (at applicable events).
- Lead in-venue catering planning and execution. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as needed, including the procurement of food and beverage supplies for the various in-venue lounges.
- Provides direction and support to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Therapist (CT) at Skate Canada events in executing the medical services onsite at events. Liaise with the Director Enterprise Risk Management and Skate Canada’s Medical Advisor (Events) as required.
- Plan and execute the Officials Dinner (or required dinners) for Skate Canada, and other ISU hosted events.
- Lead and support the Guest Program, including issuing and tracking of invitations and responses, preparing welcome packages, and onsite hosting in VIP lounge. Liaise with internal stakeholders to compile guest list for Guest Program, including VIP, Alumni, and other guests as required.
- Lead the execution and analysis of post-event LOC and volunteer surveys and evaluation process.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- Post-Secondary diploma in Sport Management or Business or similar educational background
- Minimum three years’ work experience in an equivalent position including experience in event planning and execution and volunteer management
- Advanced Computer application skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Above average organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Bilingual in English/French an asset
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel, approximately five to eight times per year for the purposes of attending site-visits and events.
- Ability to work overtime as required in order to meet the fluctuating needs in a timely manner.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply online via BambooHR: www.skatecanada.bamboohr.com/jobs before Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 23:59 EST. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Skate Canada
Skate Canada is the nation’s governing body for skating and dedicated to creating a nation of skaters both recreationally and competitively. Over 100 years old, it is the world’s oldest skating organization and Canada’s preeminent leader in skate training and education, providing High performance coaching and skating development education. Over 130,000 Canadians participate in Skate Canada educational programs each year.
Canada’s most successful governing winter sport body, Skate Canada athletes have won 25 Olympic Medal and 32 World Championships. Today’s world and Olympic medalists all began at one of our 1,200 local Skate Canada clubs or skating schools. More than 5,000 certified professional coaches offer programs for all ages to encourage Canadians to skate together as a family, pursue competitive ice sports and enjoy an active lifestyle.