Event Management Assistant (part time) - The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 23, 2018
Are you studying sport or event management? Do you love to host events? Coordinate details? The devil is in the details! Then this is your ideal job.
The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) is Canada’s leading communication and knowledge hub for sport. Founded in 1973, SIRC is a not-for-profit corporation that has served the Canadian and International sport communities with timely, credible and qualified sport resources. As home to the largest network of sport research followers, creator of the world’s leading sport job board and daily SIRC NewsHub, creator of the SportDiscusTM database, SIRCuit publications and host of the Sport Canada Research Initiative Conference, SIRC has the ability to provide unique insights and services. SIRC leverages innovative communication technologies, extensive subject knowledge and an in-depth appreciation of the sport community to provide resources and services to sport organizations, sport leaders and their Boards, coaches, officials, athletes, researchers and educators and policy and government. For more information visit: www.sirc.ca.
Under the guidance of SIRC’s Manager, Subscriptions and Operations, the Event Management Assistant will have the opportunity to assist with event planning and project management through the preparation of hosting and facilitating a number of sport focused events.
- Preparation for the Concussion Summit (June 8, 2018, Ottawa, Museum of Nature) and the 12th annual Sport Canada Research Initiative Conference (November 6-7, 2018, Ottawa, Westin Hotel)
- Registration – monitoring, follow-up, answering questions
- Promoting – press releases, creating promotional material, social media
- Content – presentation and conference material preparation
- Participant management – follow-up, submission requirements, answering questions
- Logistics – vendors, agenda, volunteers
- Speaker recruitment and preparation
- Archive webinar and conference material on website
- Incorporating the themes of this year’s conference within all aspects of the conference
- Online Webinars (hosting, promoting, coordinating)
- Variety of other meetings such as Board meetings, National Multi Sport Organization Caucus and partner conferences, workshops and other related events and activities.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with computers; MAC and/or PC
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite - Outlook, Word, Excel & PPT
- Comfortable working with the public in a service-oriented environment
- Takes direction well
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Components of the job could include some lifting and long periods of standing
- Willingness to tackle challenges and develop initiatives
- Excellent word-processing skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Interest in sport research and a desire to learn are essential
- Love of Sport
- Bilingualism an asset, but not essential
- Experience/Interest in Event Planning and Coordination
- Volunteer management
- Webinar hosting
Other Possible Duties (but not limited to):
- Preparation of materials for Social Media platforms (i.e.; blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN)
- Assisting with newsletter preparation
- General office administrative duties
- Daily News Hub
Please send cover letter and resume by April 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.