Digital and Social Media Coordinator (part time) - The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 23, 2018
Are you social media savvy? Do you have a blast editing videos; hosting webinars and designing eye catching graphics? Then this is your ideal job.
The Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) is Canada’s leading communication and knowledge hub for sport. Founded in 1973, SIRC is a not-for-profit corporation that has served the Canadian and International sport communities with timely, credible and qualified sport resources. As home to the largest network of sport research followers, creator of the world’s leading sport job board and daily SIRC NewsHub, creator of the SportDiscusTM database, SIRCuit publications and host of the Sport Canada Research Initiative Conference, SIRC has the ability to provide unique insights and services. SIRC leverages innovative communication technologies, extensive subject knowledge and an in-depth appreciation of the sport community to provide resources and services to sport organizations, sport leaders and their Boards, coaches, officials, athletes, researchers and educators and policy and government. For more information visit: www.sirc.ca.
Under the guidance of SIRC’s Manager, Subscriptions and Operations, the Multimedia Coordinator will have the opportunity to assist the visual marketing of SIRC and SIRC projects through the design of materials for both the Internet and print.
- Video – editing, presentations, promotional, archived webinars, live stream
- Creation of graphics – infographics, social media, website
- Assist with Webinars, researching and implementing innovative new technology, applications or media to enhance the participates experience
- Website updates, content creation and review, source and uploading of resources
- Developing, monitoring, and managing SIRC’s social media
- Directly contribute to generating more likes and activity on SIRC’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Increase followers on all social media platforms
- Assist with dissemination of press releases and announcements to the national sport community via the SIRC Communication channels
- Social media campaign and network development experience
- Graphic and new media experience
- Design style, including creative design solutions for both the Internet and print
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with computers; MAC and/or PC
- Strong understanding of MS Office Applications, Wordpress and Drupal
- Takes direction well
- Team player who is able to work independently
- Willingness to tackle challenges and develop initiatives
- Interest in sport research and a desire to learn are essential
- Love of Sport
- Bilingualism an asset, but not essential
- Website design
- Working knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Other Possible Duties (but not limited to):
- Preparation of materials for Social Media platforms (i.e.; blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN)
- Assisting with newsletter preparation
- Data entry
- General office administrative duties
- Daily News Hub
Please send cover letter and resume by April 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.