Intern, Combination Marketing & Events - Ontario Soccer
Post date: Apr. 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 30, 2018
Position Start Date: Jun. 18, 2018
Reporting to both the Manager, Marketing & Partnerships and the Manager, Competition & Events, this internship role will assist with the strategy and execution of the Ontario Soccer’s Events (including OPDL) as well as marketing and business development initiatives. The placement will expose enthusiastic sport management students to many facets of Ontario Soccer through our Business Operations and Partnership Department as well as a diverse range of events.
Key Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
- Documentation collection and storage for OPDL assessments
- Assisting with Club Excellence documentation archiving and preparing for transfer to Club Charter
- Support for OPDL Licence Holders; cooperation with partners and departments for equipment, supplies and training sessions.
- Preparing information and requirements OPDL Licence Holder game day operations.
- Inventory management for 2018
- Assisting Ontario Soccer with brand marketing in a way that revitalizes the brand perception of the organization
- Monitoring and enforcing brand protection of the Ontario Soccer marks and brand across all external stakeholders
- Support of Ontario Soccer
- Generating creative solutions to increase participation and engagement in Ontario Soccer events and programs
- Contributing administrative support as needed
- Self-motivated team player with a strong desire to learn about sports events, sports marketing, branding and sponsorship
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, while meeting various deadlines
- Completed or working towards a post-secondary education in sport marketing, business or a related discipline
- Data collection, analysis and presentation skills considered a strong asset
What the Intern Will Learn:
The successful candidate will be given hands-on work experience in the areas of events, marketing, business development and branding as well as direct involvement with the OPLD, Ontario Soccer’s high performance standards based league. A focus will be on training the intern to think both strategically and operationally within an organization as complex and large as the Ontario Soccer.