With summer on the horizon, many
Canadian youth are starting their summer sporting activities. Getting kids active and engaged in sport is high on the radar of health promotion and sport organizations alike. With more and more young people engaging in sport, how do we make sure they stay healthy and injury-free. This issue focuses on injury prevention, specifically overuse injury prevention
in youth sport.
Highlighted reports include the following:
- IOC (Français) Consensus Statement on Training the Elite Child Athlete
- United States: Selected Issues for the Adolescent Athlete and the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement
- Australia: Junior Sport Framework: Guideline 3 – Physical Growth & Maturation and Guideline 8 – Making Sport Safe
- Canada: Sport Readiness in Children and Youth
- Podcast (15 min): “Overview of Overuse Injuries” What’s the Big Deal? The Landscape of Youth Sports Injuries
If you are looking for more information on this topic, please check out our full listing of articles on youth overuse injury prevention.
If you have any questions or would like further resources on any of these topics, please do not hesitate to contact SIRC.