Consensus Statements and Position Statements on sports nutrition come from the following organizations:
- International Olympic Committee(IOC)/Comité international olympique (CIO)
- Consensus from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Dietetic Association (ADA), Dietitians of Canada
- International Amateur Athletics Foundation (IAAF)
- Fédération Internationale de Médecine du Sport (FIMS)/International Federation of Sports Medicine on vegetarianism and athletes
Eating on the road
: nutritional strategies for athletes required to travel to and from sporting events
An Olympic coach looks at the vegetarian diet
and how this eating plan may affect athletes
Teaching young athletes
about nutrition focusing on the sport development years
The physiology and energy metabolism of spinal cord injured athletes in the context of nutritional and dietary requirements for athletes with a disability
There are a number of websites that have an excellent collection of competitive sports related nutrition fact sheets and articles.
- Coaching Association of Canada (CAC)
- Australian Institute of Sport (AIS)
- SCAN (American Dietetic Association)
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI)
Please click here for a full list of this report’s articles.
If you have any questions or would like further resources on any of these topics, please do not hesitate to contact SIRC.