You are making a difference in the lives of our youth. A successful sport development program will capture, retain, excite and empower our athletes.
Today's youth are faced with so many opportunities and demands for their time. Our role is to give them the options so that they can make the choices that will have a positive impact on their lives, family, community and society. This new multimedia publication, Athlete Pathways, brings together:
- some of the best practices/programs
- newest research and results from the field
- highlights from competition reviews
- guiding principles related to sport development.
Together we will learn and share ways to develop athlete pathways that achieve excellence, encourage retention and embody the true spirit of sport in Canada.
- Sport Canada - The Sport System Needs Athlete Graduates - Not Retirees
- Starting Stage – Water Polo Canada
- Speed Skating Canada: Athlete and Sport Development through Event Hosting
- Update 2016! Aboriginal Long Term Participant Development (ALTPD)
- Growing Pains: How Can Coaches Help Prevent Injuries in Adolescent Athletes?
- Preparing for the Future – Building Leadership Skills in Young Women
- And so much more!