Aquatic Program Coordinator - Repsol Sport Centre
Post date: Feb. 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar. 2, 2018
As an integral part of the Aquatics team, the Aquatic Program Coordinator is responsible for providing both operational and strategic leadership for our instructor team members and ensuring legendary service and safety standards are met for each and every customer. The Aquatic Program Coordinator will plan, organize, and schedule day to day programs within our aquatics facility.
The primary hours for this role are 20 hours per week administrative, complemented with up to 20 hours per week in a swim instructor and/or life guarding capacity. The administrative schedule would include Wednesday to Friday from 12noon-4pm and Saturday and Sunday 12noon-4pm with the ability to work flexible hours including daytime and weekends to accommodate business needs as required. Hours may vary.
Reports to: Aquatic Programs Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, Holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Answer all phone calls and e-mails promptly within 24hr working hours.
- Promote and market Aquatic Activities; interact with customers and patrons, sell additional or specific programs/services based on customer need and value.
- Assist with program registrations, cancellations, transfers, refunds/credits, and one-off private swim lesson requests.
- Assist in providing Notification e-mails to customers, manage survey monkey, and following-up on private swim lesson Instructor requests.
- Assist both our internal and external customers by providing prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Assist and empower employees to handle customer complaints by providing a customer centric environment.
- Manage staff scheduling and be responsible for shift coverage.
- Assist with program data entry into Intelligenz.
- Assist with program management within Intelligenz not limited to: contacting and filling waitlist spots and keeping on top of registration numbers and merging/cancelling classes as needed.
- Manage lesson set-up including: printing class lists, and setting up Instructor and Supervisor binders.
- Complete Program Marketing stats on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that all aquatic staff certifications are current and up to date and that appropriate training has been organized internally or externally.
- Equipment tracking, purchasing and inventory (i.e. public and lesson supply).
- Ensure administration paperwork for all programs are organized and well stocked.
- Update and maintain training manuals and assist with creation and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and administration.
- Responsible for providing appropriate documentation and communication to the Aquatic Programs Manager regarding aquatic programs and overall team functioning.
- Any other administrative duties as assigned
Planning and Organizing
- Identify key areas of service and program enhancement.
- Work collaboratively with the Aquatic Programs Manager and backfill for this position as required.
- Attend promotional opportunities as needed, acting as a representative of Repsol Sport Centre.
- Understand and apply all safety and emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful execution and ensure team is trained recurrently on procedures.
- Assist with Program specific recruitment, hiring and training under the supervision of the Aquatic Programs Manager.
- Assist the Aquatic Programs Manager with the organization planning and facilitation of an annual training plan which can include up to 4 in-services per year.
Team building/daily team support
- Support the vision and direction of Repsol Sport Centre and the Aquatic Management Team by providing clear communication and documentation to the team while modeling expected behaviors related to performance and RSC mission, visions and values.
- Provide coaching and mentoring, and all duties related to performance management and goal setting including annual and probationary reviews. Please note that this will be done under the supervision and direction of the Aquatic Programs Manager.
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower employees to handle operational challenges and provide legendary service.
- Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Carry out and lead by example employee performance standards & expectations at a high level.
- Backfill for frontline team members as required (Instructor or Aquatic Shift Lead).
- Attend Leadership and In-service training when required.
- Provide on deck leadership for instructor teams up to 12 individuals.
- Attend scheduled meetings and one-on-ones as required by Aquatic Programs Manager.
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of customers in the event of an emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until arrival of emergency medical services
- Act as a key information source by providing consistent messages and communication amongst the Programs team.
What You Need:
- A minimum of three years of experience in a coordinator/programming or supervisory aquatics role including demonstrated experience supervising a team of a moderate to large size (at least 12 people).
- Current certifications in CPR Level C, Standard First Aid, Swim Instructor Award and NL are required
- CPR Level C certified within the last year
- Standard First Aid certified within the last 2 years
- Swim and Lifesaving Instructor (preferred), will also consider candidates with one of the following Instructor awards: Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, YMCA Instructor, I Can Swim Instructor, or NCCP. Instructor award must be current.
- National Lifeguard certified within the last 2 years
- National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving Standard First Aid Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer awards an asset.
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of Instructing.
- Ambitious, driven, accountable, who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Able to deal with conflict diplomatically and in a calm manner. A high sense of urgency, ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities in emergency situations.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills as well as ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong customer engagement skills (public relations and interpersonal skills), in a clear and appropriate communication style (both verbal and written), strong problem solving techniques, and sound judgment.
- Previous experience using the Intelligenz system or a like program (eg. CLASS), Microsoft Word and Excel is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with the additional certifications in coaching, leadership and/or conflict resolution.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Repsol Sport Centre Human Resources by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please state job title in the subject line)
- Online: www.repsolsportcentre.com
- Fax: 403.233.8307
- Drop off: 2225 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6