Group Fitness and Program Manager - Repsol Sport Centre
Post date: Feb. 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar. 2, 2018
The Group Fitness and Program Manager is responsible for the staff and operations for registered and non-registered programming in the areas of group fitness, pre-school and childcare.
Hours: Classes run 7 days a week. Flexibility and availability to work weekends, evenings and early mornings is required.
Reports to: Aquatics & Fitness Director
What’s In It for You:
- As a salary employee this position includes eligibility to accrue personal and sick time in addition to participation in Repsol Sport Centre’s RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
- Employee recognition programs
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
Team building/daily team support:
Provide leadership and direction to the group fitness and preschool and childcare staff including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, scheduling, and performance management.
- Work with Group Fitness & Programs Shift Leader to ensure best practices are being met on a day to day basis.
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower employees to handle operational challenges and provide exceptional and legendary service.
- Provide training for development of staff to meet established job expectations and product and service knowledge standards including the delivery of job specific training for new hires.
- Act as the main point of contact for employee continued education and development.
- Be accountable for the performance of the group fitness and childcare and preschool teams in meeting team objectives.
- Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Work collectively with other Department Managers and Directors to set up employee departmental in-services on a recurring basis.
- Carry out and lead by example at a high level all employee performance standards & expectations.
- Backfill for frontline front line team members as required.
- Attend Leadership training when required.
- Rotate within the Fire Warden role with other building wide Managers and fill in for Duty Manager in emergency situations.
- Facilitate emergency procedures training for staff.
- Act as a key information source by providing the Aquatic & Fitnes Director with customer feedback, system enhancements, recruitment needs, training and development needs, ideas for rewards and recognition, new programs/services and on-going quality improvement.
- Actively communicate with both internal and external customers on special events, program and service changes and new incentives.
- Assist both our internal and external customers by proving prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Be the main point of contact for product knowledge and services available in the department.
- Communicate Program cancellations and changes to the Marketing Team to reflect on-line media and group fitness schedule accordingly.
- Assist and empower employees to handle customer complaints by providing a customer centric environment.
- Monitor participant evaluation forms and feedback received by tracking and reviewing information, and following up in a timely manner and implement any follow up plans as required.
Planning and Organizing:
- Participate in the development of the annual group fitness, child care and preschool budgets in conjunction with the Director of Aquatic and Fitness.
- Be accountable for meeting the budget targets for the department in terms of revenues and expenses.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team with preparation of promotional material.
- Plan messaging regarding price increases, program changes, new initiatives, collaborating with marketing as needed.
- Identify key areas of service and program enhancement.
- Attend new program launches and finales.
- Audit the performance of each Group Fitness Instructor on a regular basis and provide support and guidance as required.
- Ensure adherence to pre-school licensing requirements and Alberta Health Services Standards for Child Care and Pre-school.
- Support the teams on-site during weekend, evening and daytime events.
- Determine materials, equipment, facility bookings, supervision or instruction needs for each program.
- Responsible for new equipment set up for programs and services offered; assessing condition of group fitness equipment and develop a lifecycle plan and ensuring repairs and replacement occur as needed.
- Networks with other facilities searching for new trends and competitive intelligence in the industry to ensure programming is current and leading edge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in portfolio (ex. Ripped!, I’m for Kids Team, Mount Royal University etc).
- Attend certification trainings as required with the goal to become a master trainer & coach in group fitness.
- Attend promotional opportunities as needed, acting as a representative of Repsol Sport Centre.
- Update and maintain training manuals on policies, procedures and programs.
- Complete and submit payroll biweekly.
- Understand and apply all safety and emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful execution and ensure team is trained recurrently on procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Participate in Manager Meetings and chair meetings on a rotational basis.
What You Need:
- Degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Marketing, Management, Sport Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in a management/supervisory and administrative role combined with experience in programming or events management.
- Two years of group fitness facilitation is required and two years of coaching experience is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with current certification in canfitpro or AFLCA along with specific current group fitness certifications such as MOSSA (Body Training Systems), NCCP, YOGA, Group Cycle etc.
- Ambitious, driven, accountable, who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Calm individual with solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Financial acumen with budgeting techniques and fiscal management.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills as well as ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow adaptability to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience using the Intellegenze or CLASS system is considered an asset.
- Current certifications in CPR Level C and Standard First Aid are required:
- CPR Level C certified within the last year;
- Standard First Aid recertified within the last 2 years.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends to accommodate business needs as required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the additional certifications in coaching, leadership and/or conflict resolution.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Repsol Sport Centre Human Resources by:
- Email: email@example.com (please state job title in the subject line)
- Online: www.repsolsportcentre.com
- Fax: 403.233.8307
- Drop off: 2225 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6