Sponsorship in the Sports World - focus of WSC®inthe613
May 16, 2018
More outstanding speakers have been added to the roster for the upcoming WSC®inthe613, with several bringing their experience in sport to the line-up. David Gourlay, past President of the Ottawa Champions baseball team, and Adrian Sciarra, Vice President, Partnership & Merchandise Sales, Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) both bring valuable sport sponsorship expertise to their panel presentations.
Additional speakers with background in charities, the arts, and today’s digital world will also provide dynamic, relevant information for sport organizations seeking and selling sponsorship at the event taking place September 10-11, 2018.
- Day 2 Keynote speaker Michaela Alexis will provide insight on how to integrate influencer marketing into your next sponsorship campaign in her talk, How to Find the Right Social Media Influencers For Your Marketing Strategy. One of North America’s most in-demand speakers related to personal branding on social media, she has managed the online presence of more than 100 high-profile brands.
- Founder of the Western Sponsorship Congress® (WSC), Brent Barootes - Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists® will present the opening keynote on sponsorship trends - What's Hot and What's Not!
- David Coletto, President, Abacus Data, one of the foremost researchers into the millennial generation, will break Myths & Truths of the relevance of sponsorship to Millenials.
- Bernie Colterman, Managing Partner, Centre of Excellence for Public Sector Marketing, leads a workshop on Understanding Venue Naming Rights.
- Jim Kalogerakos, President & CEO, diD Analytics will teach participants how to use BIG Data to match properties with the right sponsors.
- Dr. Norm O’Reilly, Chair, Department ports Administration, Ohio University will use the Canadian Sponsorship Landscape Study to provide an environmental scan workshop.
- Panelists Adrian Sciarra, Vice President, Partnerships & Merchandise Sales, Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group; Andrea Boyd, Head, Corporate Advancement, Canadian Museum of Nature; and Julia Forbes, Director, Marketing & Sponsorship, Shaw Centre & Shaw Communications will share the success story of building long-term partnerships in Me & My Sponsor: A Fireside Chat.
- Joining the 5-Minute Pitch® panel, representing the sponsor’s perspective is Kyle Turk, Director of Marketing and Communications, Welch LLP. He’ll have a mock sponsorship budget of $100k and five organizations/events seeking sponsors will vie for a partnership with Welch.
- In a workshop format, Guy Yerama, CFRE, National Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving – the Salvation Army will address Getting Real: Corporate Donations vs. Corporate Partnerships.